Performance problems

Triwolf, we are all in the same boat. I too have projects that are on hold until this gets sorted but my point is, there is no point in getting stressed at the devs for one reason… IOS7. This upgrade from Apple appears to have screwed up a lot of audio apps so whereas before the devs of Cubasis were starting to get somewhere in sorting out reliability, that’s all gone back to square one because of the fundamental changes in IOS7.

So yes my post is serious because I recorded two albums back around 1997 and then again in 2002 both commercial releases and both prone to all manner of crazy technological fails. Dreaded blue screen, whole projects mysteriously disappearing, shocking latency issues, audio stuttering and system freezes that are incomparable to the problems we are encountering on the ipad and all of that was on "state of the art PCs “optimised” for audio DAW work which cost thousands of pounds not £35.

We are at the cutting edge with mobile recording and just have to accept that this stuff is going to have bugs and that the devs will fix them as soon as they can. It’s part of the deal with new technology.

Yes we are all important but lets be really honest here… if we were THAT important we wouldn’t be worrying about recording on an ipad… we’d be getting paid serious cash from a record label who’d have their own engineers worrying about this stuff.