Poor graphic performance

are we looking in the right place …
look at your asio driver ?? has it jumped to the windows default driver after a crash ???
try re-instaling your audio cards driver one step older if you have a new driver or the other way if your driver is older …
also in the gui options in win 7 check that the animate effects whilst resizing windows and or drag and drop is checked … if so uncheck that … try … if not checked then the other way around …

looking at your ram … you should be loading samples to ram are you ?? if so try not doing this see if it makes any change …
also … and it is my opinion (only i think ) our mindset towards our windows and door setup is still based on windows xp or earlier… the tweeks we used as standard for our daw are not always relevant today . 1: cubase codes are more than likley rewritten to compensate os weak/strong points. , 2 os codes are continually getting more app friendly (or not) …
also try to keep the option " run applications in the background" ON…

my post may or may not help … but it may get you thinking in another direction but what ever happens good luck and pls post when you fix it so others can benefit from your knowledge gained…

all the best -
T