Export edited video

I do see your point about the video skills within Avid and Apple. However, MOTU seem to manage very well and they have no video software pedigree. Digital Performer also allows the export of video with pops and streamers if you wish, which is beyond just encode.

Of course - not like a video editing suite - just the basics for previews to clients and in the case of Digital Performer’s pops and streamers, recording scoring sessions to picture.

And even if the skills were the issue at Steinberg, the capability could be provided through an OEM arrangement. Steinberg already do this with Nuendo and Cubase. For example, encoding MP3s. Steinberg haven’t developed there own codec. It appears they must have and OEM arrangement with Fraunhofer. And, albeit in a more loosely integrated way, instead of developing their own upmixing/downmixing capability the Anymix VST is included with Nuendo; and the UV22HR plugin packaged as a Steinberg plugin but iZotope under the covers and branding when you open it; and the Voxengo CurveEQ plugin included in Cubase and Nuendo; and the bespoke Oxford restoration plugins in Wavelab. These are bought-in capabilities.

All I’m saying is if they don’t have the skills or desire to develop in-house, there are other ways to integrate the capability. And judging from the numerous threads asking for basic video export this is not a minority need.

I do hope we get video export soon.