7.0.7 late update

nothing to do with patience. i’m not waiting for new features to have some fun or whatever.
it’s my job, i’m trying to work for months with a tool that doesn’t work properly. and yeah i’m fed up with this.

Good morning America!!
This just in:
A chicago-based musician is facing possible nervous break-down after a “V1 Patience By-pass” surgery. Doctors claim his rare condition might have been caused by NOT tapering off his medication while he definitely needed a higher doze. They also asserted that they had no idea the patient had attempted a self-induced by-pass before the operation, simply because there is no blood test indicating the amount of “Patience” in the patient, while they were “under the impression (as earlier indicated by the patient himself) that he was still using the originally prescribed doze” and that “they felt sorry for him”. A source who chose to remain anonymous (Curteye, who allegedly prescribed the medicine initially) says the patient never revisited him to control his doze of “Patience”. He further disclaimed any responsibility. More on this, later on the news…

On a related development, eye-witnesses say an angry-looking drugstore customer has attempted to increase his doze of “Patience” on his own discretion. Police took him to the hospital after smashing the windows of the “patience-related” drugs located in the rear section of the store. Witnesses say he was also using articulately “bad words” against one “Steinberg” company, based in Germany, Utah. The ER doctor claims he is suffering from high blood pressure probably caused by the “wrong” doze of “Patience”. Unconfirmed reports say this particular patient was not “patient” enough to receive a “timely” update from the aforementioned company. Investigations are underway to determine the relevance, while our reporters are trying to learn Japanese as fast as they can to contact Steinberg. The relationship between the drug “patience” and blood pressure is taken over by FBI and may result in the questioning of the American Foods and Drugs Administration, Association, Organization, whatever…

And now with the weather is our one and only…

:laughing: :laughing:

That’s it, I’m switching to Xanax Pro 1.5, but I’ll combine it with Patience 16.0 when it comes out. See ya on the flip flop!

To respond on topic, sgodzillat– I hear you, and understand it’s frustrating but I know that different people have different tolerances for this sort of thing. Those who have a low tolerance for bugs (I have a high tolerance, apparently) wait a while before updating, and certainly, they go back to the older solid version to get work done rather than bashing their head agains the wall.

And the issues reported are?

It stands to reason a 7.0.7 update will follow the announced 7.5.10 update, but I haven’t heard as such from Steinberg yet.

Actually this would be the best way to go unless the update (7.5.10) is already ready and is in the process of being compiled.

There is plenty of complaining & praise here:http://www.gearslutz.com/board/cubase-7-nuendo-6/ with little worries of being banned with no warnings, vanishing or locked threads.

Aha! My Steiny-sense was tingling, and it never lets me down.

Steiny-sense. :laughing: excellent.

+1
{‘-’}

Excellent!! Made my night! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Sending much Aloha and mahalo to you.
{‘-’}

So, let me see if I understand this:

We users keep asking DAW Manufacturers for more features in a daily basis. And, since the “basic” features are already there, we ask for really complex new functions. Considering editing a not-so-pro choir section, and think what can be done today that was IMPOSSIBLE just few years back (not even talking analog tape here). Compare C5 and C7 in terms of functionality, for instance…

We also expected all those new functions, features, upgrades and updates to come as cheap as possible, preferably for free, because we already paid something like 500 bucks, right?. The current DAW used to cost double as much few year ago, but, who cares? It is not our problem, it is a manufacturer problem. This is the user POV.

Now, let’s check for the manufacturers POV: users wants really complex modifications (even if they won’t use them / need them in the near future), for free, developed with the same development team (manufacturers can’t afford to growth the team, since users paid for the latest SW probably half they paid 10 years ago), and FAST. Manufacturers also has to deal with different computer environment (Mac OS X, several Windows versions, and hundreds of internal HW possibilities, plus hundreds of digital interfaces, in at least two different kind of busses). Oh, and please don’t forget the support team, which should be available for free 24 hs / 365 days a year, in 5 or 6 different languages, and considering amateur users, as well as professional producers.

AGAIN, FOR FREE.

I don’t know you guys, but I re-paid all the money I paid to Steinberg yearly with just one project (my Customers paid more than 50 euros for any kind of recording/mixing/mastering services, probably I am too expensive). And all of my amateurs friends, they know Cubase Elements or Artist is cheaper than two Nintendo / Playstation games, so they don’t complain either.

Am I wrong?

PLEASE, LETS GIVE THEM A BREAK. If we want BETTER products every year, somebody has to think about it, develop it, test it, sell it, distributing it, document it, support it and make money out of it. This is the only possible equation. And if we want it FASTER, well, think on spending more money over the equation, because that is what it takes.

Just my opinion. I am a happy user anyway.

Regards,
Martin

You are right.

Actually all I ask for are bug fixes. :smiley:

@Martinoto

Some people get by with a little understanding / Some people get by with a whole lot more

I agree with all Martinoto said. Also, I guess it´s a bit of a dilemma to have a divided customer base, the “amateur” and the “pro” crowd.

As someone who makes his living from using DAW´s I have no problem to pay good money, maybe a annual /monthly fee for having a 100% rock solid product, which is doable if the cash inflow is sufficent. However, I can totally get that the “amateur” crowd (who can not write off their DAW spendings) is not so keen on spending lot´s of their hard earned cash for having bugfixes etc.

It´s a delicate balance act I guess.

Your statement is hypothetical.

Since we don’t have a subscription model yet, $teinberg should provide us with bug free products in the end of each release circle (i.e. work as advertised) without additional costs like point releases or whatever. What they do now is not only unethical but barely legal too. I realy hope that lawsuits will start coming their way soon.

They does, and that’s the point. A subscription model would be the expensive solution I’ve referred at in my previous post, and I am not saying it would be the best solution. Many SW developers have implemented a subscription service which didn’t work either. The problem is how fast we would like to see the fixes. Since the fixes came for free (“work as advertised”), I honestly believe Steinberg does well enough, but anybody could disagree. If the manufacturer wants me to pay for the service, I don’t think any payable fee will be fast enough for us. In fact, how can any developer guarantee any given fix time to fix some bug they don’t know it exists in the first place? And if I have to pay for it, I will definitely ask for some response time guarantee.

We can discuss if every new version should be tested better before delivery, and I can agree in some extent. It also costs A LOT (if you have a friend who works as a SW Tester, ask her/him), and it obviously will be added to the final price.

At the end, it is all about balance between a well tested product, a better version every year, and a support team that delivers. I my honest opinion, I think Steinberg does well regarding that balance. I got an state-of-the-art product, which my business could depend on, at a fair price, and with an acceptable (for me, at least) response time from Customer Support. None of the bugs that came from all my previous versions of Cubase was fatal. Even so, I always keep the previous version at my desktop, just in case, and never had to use it since C5. Trust me, I use Cubase for living.

Regards,
Martin