7.0.7 late update

We are discussing since last year about Cubugs versions of 7, first release was obviously a Alfa and maybe beta version of the new platform. Was a dramatic improvement between 32bit and 64bit technology, Steney changed the programmers and project management, we don’t know the reasons, probably money as always. I can understand the stress and the problems to put hands on a complicate software programmed by others before. But the considerations should be just some.

1 Steinberg sell audio software
2 Users buy audio software for play, for job, for fun, etc

If you play for fun, could be ok and you can wait until the DAW is fully or partially fully working until the next release, who use the DAW for job means they pay the DAW for their job, for living because that software makes easy job too. Those people don’t want a unstable beta version, yes they could pay 50 or more for fixing of course is not a big expenses… yes I can do that, but I need the new software NOW because my job depends from that.
Someone can say “don’t buy the new version”, “just stay on Cubase 6.5.5”, yes no problem too. But this is MY FIX not a Steinberg fix. They sell a wonderful machine, with wonderful features than I would like to use for my job immediately not after 2 years. I want remember to all Cubase 6.5.5. is not fully fixed yet if we refer to the software specifics.

Its same for any kind of things in the life, if you buy a guitar you’ll aspect the Guitar plays tuned, if you want a Piano you’ll aspect the piano does not have broken key, same for audio board, for the computer system etc. It’s all part of a big complex studio processing. And Cubase is a Flagship product of honored software house like steinberg.

Beta testing is a part of the programming structure, is the most important part, in the past Cubase users was like a Nuendo Beta tester, now we are all beta testers for Cubase and Nuendo for free. Nuendo users are less and less than before, especially on Mac their are disappeard, I’ve sold my Nuendo Licence 2 years ago.

This is not normal, because this brings a lot of informations to the programmers of course, but will takes longer to fix all the bugs. Ask money for fixing the bugs is offensive for all user already payed for the DAW. I don’t care if the others do the same, this is not serious and honest especially for musician than use Cubase for create and sell their music. Cubase 7.0.7 is not complete bugs free but Steinberg announced this is the late update. And my “Steiny sense” suggest me we are beta testing 7.0.7 to make 7.5.10 more stable next month. So peoples payed to upgrade from 6.5 to 7 then beta testing until 7.0.7 for more than 1 year to pay again for a more stable but not bugs free 7.5.10. I think we will see 7.5.12 or 13 before Cubase 8, but in the meantime…

Is not a money problem Steinberg! it’s about respect the job we do for living the job we do for you reporting bugs.
If you are not ready to sell the new DAW don’t do it, or take a chance to stop producing DAW and concentrate all the energies under iOS, you will make more money, we will move to Logic and everyones happy.