Creating a CD

Hello Phil,

well, it depends if you want to burn some CD (regular CD-WAV format) just for you and your friends or if you want to get it published following the Red Book CD Standard.

If you wnat to just burn some CDs, export the tracks as regular WAV in 16 Bit stereo / 44.100 Hertz and use a burning tool that allows you putting them in the wanted order.

If you want to do that like a prof, I would advise you to look up a studio that would do that for you. That will cost you some money but if you are lucky, they might let you assist the mastering process and how to comply with the Red Book CD Standard. Then you would have some more return on your investment and try it yourself next time. Be prepared to assist up to two days. Just google “Red Book CD Standard” and have a look in to how complex that is. First you need some mastering tool and even if you had one, you have to learn how to use them. This is still something where there is no one-click automation magic button available.

I know that some people claim they were mastering with Cubase - which theoretically should be possible - but you must be a very good skilled sound engineer to go that way and have some very good mastering plug ins.

Good luck with it (no sarcasm) and let me know the outcome.

Regards

Zibin