7.5.1 why steinberg didnt fix the mute bug.

Ill have to plus one on working as advertised… have to ask could this be just a OSX issue, im on Win 7 ultimate 64 bit and have tried instrument tracks with all sorts of plug-ins and in every case could mute both (M) on the keyboard and the mute button in both project & mixer view and with an CMC AI & QC F key assigned to Mute. fwtw

Works fine here - KC and clicking the M.

Windows 7 64, Cubase 64, i7, 4 monitors (no full screen mixer)

WITH A BLANK INSTRUMENT TRACK:
Select a blank instrument track on the project page and with a mouse click on the mute button. In the mix console, the mute button doesn’t light up. (mute light at top of console lights however.) Same thing applies to my assigned KC.

However changing focus from the project page to the mix console it does work…both mouse and KC. But then…it does not reflect the change in the project page. :unamused:

Solo function doesn’t work properly either.

However with a instrument loaded in an instrument track everything works like it should.

On my system, audio, midi, fx, and group tracks all work like they should. Instrument tracks only work like they should when an instrument is actually loaded.

Thank you.
It’s indeed strange it occurs on random systems. Maybe it’s setting related.

The funny thing is. The “m” KC only lights up the Mute button on the instrument track when I have the track selected in the mixer, or an automation track below the original track in the project window. When I select the actual instrument track itself, the Mute button won’t light up.

Exactly the same here as in the image above. Win7 64bit, C7.5.10, brand new install on a new computer. KC works when the track is marked in the mixer, and when an automation track is selected, but not when the instrument track itself is selected. Instrument loaded or not, same issue.

It appears that when muting the instrument track in the project window, you are actually muting the integrated midi track. That means that other midi tracks routed to that instrument will continue to produce sound. Muting the instrument track in the mixer window mutes the actual instrument.

good shout…

Yes, but obviously we would like to have visual feedback of muted tracks, just like working with a MIDI track.
The image below shows three instruments (none multitimbral), the project mute states button shows there are one or more tracks muted somewhere.

Answer track 1 and 3 are muted :wink:

Do you have a link?

Just a thought, have you tried with the track collapsed so that the automation lane is not seen?
idea that instrument tracks are Midi and audio in one

And maybe for those that say on an empty instrument track Mute dosent work. might be they coded it so that when no instrument is present the mute feature is not active? i mean why would you need to mute something thats not there? i could imagine SB doing such a thing in the idea that if u mute it then later load VSTi and forgot it was muted and didn’t work it might cause confusion. silly i know but some people…

Thanks for the tip but unfortunately the behavior is the same regardless the state of the automation lane.

To make it even stranger, the mute feedback on unconnected instrument channels work as expected. :laughing:
In the gif below the first track is connected to Halion 5, the second isn’t connected to anything.

Also how are you getting the Midi data to show up in the volume track? when i do that on mine the volume track has nothing. could it be thats midi volume and not VSTI volume?

Good point, however Cubase needs consistency. All the other type of tracks, when muted or soloed are reflected correctly in the mix console. The only exception is instrument tracks.

That image shows the VSTI’s output volume (audio fader). MIDI volume isn’t displayed in decimal notation :wink:
The MIDI data is displayed behind the audio automation because it’s an Instrument track, not a MIDI track.

I sent Helge a message about this, to which he replied with the above.

That’s really interesting, so maybe other bugs can also be fixed on a pay-on-update basis.

what about “igonre solo” which is essential for sidechaining. when you engage it, and solo the sidechained track the source is muted but shows not muted. those things are just awful!!! and yes pressing m on a instrument track DOES mute the track, it just doesnt show its muted. so you just dont know whats going on. bad bad bug which i dont understand is still not fixed.

and also, folders which contain at least one instrumenttrack or not muteable!! when you do it the instrumenttrack just wont unmute again hahahaha

If you seriously want any devs or mods to look at this then it’s better to post in the Issues section. You’ll get a mixed bag if all you want to do is collect a bunch of fellow sufferers so posting there as well and maybe use this one for headcounting might be a better option. They do need to know these things and they need as much detail as they can get if they think it’s important enough to need a quicker fix.

The reason they haven’t fixed it is because it doesn’t affect enough people to get the alarm bells ringing at the bug police station. Or the conditions this affects are so diverse as to be impossible to trace yet.

You mean like these?
MUTE state button on instrument track corrupted
[C7.5] Mute Button Doesn’t Light Up
[ISSUE] (C 7.0-7.5) SOLO/MUTE shortcuts STILL not working!

Thanks Niles. I just did a quick look and didn’t see this particular one. I don’t know if they are all different or all the same. I still think posting this one here would help as well. Cross referencing would help with diagnosis. The more the better.