[issue] n6 control room reverts to default state

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Nuendo 6 can be posted here.

[issue] n6 control room reverts to default state

Postby lukasbrooklyn » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:12 am

i originally posted about this bug (feature?) in the cubase forum, but working with nuendo 6 i realised it behaves the same way, and a report with regard to nuendo could maybe carry more weight, so i'll try here as well.

i'll just copy what i'd written about cubase, because the issue is exactly the same.

however i set up the panels in control room, whenever i bring it up (using a keycommand), it defaults to its (useless) default state. (ie. if i set it up to display the inserts, it then takes another one to two clicks + mousing to get it back where it was.)

( original thread: viewtopic.php?t=55275&p=336069#p336069 )
system// i7 4930k, w7 x64, c7.5.2, c6
audio// RME HDSP, SSL duende, audeze lcd-2, klein&hummel o300, adam s2x, lavry DA, avantone mixcubes, ...

http://www.lukasturza.com
lukasbrooklyn

Re: [issue] n6 control room reverts to default state

Postby Dog and Pony » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:03 pm

Yes, this drives me nuts!
4 rooms with N5/N6, Nuage, Tango II, Euphonix MC Pro, Euphonix Artist, MacOSX 10.7.5 and many more toys.
Dog and Pony

Postby lukasbrooklyn » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:09 pm

Dog and Pony wrote:Yes, this drives me nuts!

i heard from sb it's being addressed in the next c7 update. (hopefully identical for a nuendo update.)
system// i7 4930k, w7 x64, c7.5.2, c6
audio// RME HDSP, SSL duende, audeze lcd-2, klein&hummel o300, adam s2x, lavry DA, avantone mixcubes, ...

http://www.lukasturza.com
lukasbrooklyn

Postby Jim Fox » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:27 pm

Dog and Pony wrote:Yes, this drives me nuts!

Not sure if this is exactly the same issue but "this drives me nuts" just the same. Plugins in the Control Room do not always open with the project, as saved.

I use a vst multiscope and vst VU meter plugin in my control room setup inserts which I leave open and save in all my projects. Randomly, they do not launch when a project is opened. 1/2 the time (but not always) after opening a project I need to open Control Room mixer, select Control Room, select Setup, then launch the two plugins.

I have two studios with nearly identical DAW computers running Nuendo with identical control room and plugin configurations. In N5.5 as I passed projects back and forth they always opened projects correctly with Control Room plugins opened 100% of the time as saved, N6 does not. It would be nice address this quark. Thanks.

Nuendo is great
Fox
N6.x NEK6.x 64bit, Win7-64bit, 12GB RAM, RME MADI, RME AES-32, Intensity Pro, Powercore PCIeMkII
Jim Fox

Return to Feature Requests and Suggestions