Steinberg / Arturia V-Collection

Hey Paul,

In some circles there will be a distinction between sampling INTO H5 -and- sampling into Cubase and importing the sample into H5. But anyways, beyond that…

I have heard of those companies, but I have not bought anything. I usually buy specific need stuff, like if I need a clap, congas, I will buy dedicated. I don’t use looping or construction material at all. I could be wrong, but I think those companies specialize on construction packs, which are music building blocks imo.

H5 has ‘programs’ that you load, they are containers for different type of zones, synth or sample zones. So yes there are presets that already have samples incorporated in the patch. The patch might have a combination of samples and synths. You can always extract the sample from the patch, if you want to focus on the sample.

But yeah, it’s not like a sample library or anything. The incorporated sample in H5 are probably catered towards layering textures.

Building a library will depend on what kind of tunes you create! I love live music, and try to incorporate those elements in my music, so I go for multisampled snares, tambourine, claps, sometimes Jupiter 8V stabs LOL, I am still looking for a good conga library. I do not go for samples that are someone else making synth sounds, but I have plenty of that stuff from freebie CD. Keep in mind that the free magazine CD stuff was once part of a purchasable collection, free samples do not mean cheap quality!

I’ll give you this though, buying those libraries mean that the samples are properly tagged and foldered. This saves you so much headache when you want to import an entire key/velo range into H5. It reads the tags and places everything where it should go. My piecemeal samples mean that I will need a few days to get it working.