Steinberg / Arturia V-Collection

With the good Steinberg support my MySteinberg account is repaired as well and all my software and hardware is registered. Seemed that I had 2 different accounts… But I only had info e-mail address/login to one of those two.
Now all is registered on one account and the other one is deleted.
Support of both Arturia and Steinberg are just fine (at the moment) I must say.
Keep it up Steiny!

That’s very good to hear Arno :mrgreen:

I will be interested to hear what you think of the MiniMoog and the Jupiter.

And the Wurli! :smiley:

I have a very good one on my Nord but in saying that, I might get around to using the VSTi instead at some point in the future.

I see you have a Suitcase.

Have you tried Neo Soul Keys as well?

The NSK is absolutely BRILLIANT !! One of the best plug-in’s I ever bought without doubt. Sounds amazing and that’s just after 10 x mins of messing around on it :mrgreen:

Yes I have a Suitcase and Stage Rhodes also.

haha glad to hear that. I love Rhodes sounds, and thought it was very sweet, I always use it, even if for a low bass key under another synth.

Would also be interested in your opinion on the Model C if you get a chance to run thru it.

Is the model c in the Arturia or Neo Soul Keys?

In H5!

The control set they provide is fantastic. Having that kind of mod control makes me very happy!

There is a hum from the vibrato component, but that’s only if you’re working at very low levels.

Ok, I will check it out next week. I am moving flat this weekend so won’t have my gear set up. Plus I still have some serious issues with my Cubase which I am hoping Steinberg can fix when possible.

Good luck with everything!

Just got to demoing the Jupiter 8, but I’m loading presets and when I try to adjust controls, I don’t hear any changes. Is there something I need to know about this thing, or is it not working properly.

I’m going to get into a manual soon, but I thought this would have been something I could just play like any other synth.

BTW I still did not get an email lol, but the activation code was on the download page. I was 99% about to just purchase it, but thought better.

The Gui is really small! Not really a problem… another thing is I can’t fins out where teh delays are coming from… oh quickly learning synths… I have a project due in 2 days and I need to get some good brass programmed in! Help?

I have only played it using a midi keyboard and changing the actual parameters directly with the mouse. This works fine. But I have not tried using a controller keyboard to alter the parameters.

I am trying the obvious ADSR. Nothing. It can’t be that subtle. Maybe this is a demo limitation?

Not crazy about the presets, was hoping to find something called “Power Brass”.

Why might you think you have a DEMO version ?? Did you only download a ‘Trial’ of it ??

I thought the Presets were mostly amazing apart from the ones which are (in my opinion) too ‘modern’ sounding. There are some Brass patches but not the one you mention.

No I am demoing it first, because I figured if I bought it, I would be looking at that combo deal and slapping myself if I ever were interested in 1 or 2 more.

Maybe they aren’t quite what I’m looking for at the moment, a lot of appreg and modulation and whiny high pitch, while I’m looking for a classic synthy multi saw brass (without the long release). But there are a few I can work from, the “w JP_8_xx” are good classic-er sounds.

I’m hearing delay on some, but I don’t see an FX page… is that from the appreg? I have never used this synth.

And by now I’m sure I’m limited to the patches but no controls.

No I am demoing it first, because I figured if I bought it, I would be looking at that combo deal and slapping myself if I ever were interested in 1 or 2 more.

Maybe they aren’t quite what I’m looking for at the moment, a lot of appreg and modulation and whiny high pitch, while I’m looking for a classic synthy multi saw brass (without the long release). But there are a few I can work from, the “w JP_8_xx” are good classic-er sounds.

I’m hearing delay on some, but I don’t see an FX page… is that from the appreg? I have never used this synth.

And by now I’m sure I’m limited to the patches but no controls.

Yes you are probably correct that its running in Demonstration Mode.

I agree, I am not at all interested in the modern presets with the Arp and heavy Mod patches. Its still very very good but I would have liked it to be a little more ‘classic’.

I heard the exact presets you refer to regarding FX. Sounded like very heavy Delays. I will have a look into it as it also puzzled me.

First thanks for responding. I am literally right in the middle of it, and need to keep going. I will probably go ahead and buy it, and hope it works. If I feel good about it, I’ll still probably then get the collection and take the loss.

One thing, the weird presets do give me a feel of the range of this synth, and I am not hearing anything cheap sounding. It can do 8 bit type to ambient to core mangle. Very dynamic, and it sounds ‘Roland’ whatever that means.

I have quite a few brass patches created in other synths, and I could use them, but they never really give me ‘that’ warm lush … thing. Even TAL Juno wasn’t ‘thick’ enough. But I hear something in (w) 21, 28, 52, 45, 36 and 35 that maybe if I spent some time balancing, I could get it.

First thanks for responding. I am literally right in the middle of it, and need to keep going. I will probably go ahead and buy it, and hope it works. If I feel good about it, I’ll still probably then get the collection and take the loss.

One thing, the weird presets do give me a feel of the range of this synth, and I am not hearing anything cheap sounding. It can do 8 bit type to ambient to core mangle. Very dynamic, and it sounds ‘Roland’ whatever that means.

I spent 30 x mins playing thru the sounds on one occasion and was very impressed overall. For the most part, if I purchased a REAL Jupiter 8 then this is how I would hope it would sound. It certainly has the potential to sound as ‘modern day’ as you want it too judging by the presets in this genre. If you had a full controller keyboard then I am certain this would be a very powerful VST to play live. And I also felt very ‘inspired’ when I played on it.

I think you should purchase it but preferably in a ‘bundle’ as I did.

If I have to time I would like to post some demo’s. But at the moment I am busy with trying to get my head around FM Synthesis ! :ugeek:

Really torn though, because H5 was supposed to be the all encompassing sound bank, and now here I’m ready to buy a plethora of more sounds, it means that I can’t focus on any one thing.

Looking at your gear list, I guess you had a reason to have different ways of approaching things.

I did play with a real J8 and J5, they are of course a bit creamier, but the deal is that it still has the supernatural addition, which I don’t think a non sampled VST can do. If they made a smaller footprint rompler string machine that I could fit on a desk, I’m sure they would make a lot of money! I mean with the AIRA stuff, that also makes me hesitant, what if next they have a little green thing that has the j8/j5 sounds…ughh.