Question Or F/R Global Copy Range Selection

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 can be posted here.

Question Or F/R Global Copy Range Selection

Postby suntower » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:03 am

Currently the 'Global Copy' function on Range seems a bit misleading. What you're copying is actually the selection between the Locators, right?

Is there a Global Copy that works with the selected -Range- instead? I'd much rather 'Global Copy' work as the Range menu implies: on the selected range.

Is there currently a way to do this?

---JC
Primary: i7960 16gb RAM, SSD, 3 1TB HD, Win7/64 Ult
Second: Q8400 16gb RAM 3 1TB HD, Win7/64
Laptop: HP Pavilion i5, 8GB RAM 7200RPM, Cubase 7.5, iCPro, WL7,
Vienna Ensemble5, VSL, NI Komplete, EWQLSO, etc. CME UF8, Roland TD-12 VDrums
suntower

Re: Question Or F/R Global Copy Range Selection

Postby lukasbrooklyn » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:01 am

funny, you're right, never noticed, because i've always been using the regular 'copy' (ctrl c) to copy range into the clipboard. this way it's working as expected.

the global copy actually copying the in-between-locators data seems like a bug indeed.
system// i7 4930k, w7 x64, c7.5.2, c6
audio// RME HDSP, SSL duende, audeze lcd-2, klein&hummel o300, adam s2x, lavry DA, avantone mixcubes, ...

http://www.lukasturza.com
lukasbrooklyn

Postby vic_france » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:37 pm

But then it wouldn't be "global" ;).. you'd have to select all the tracks (including tempo track etc) manually. At least, the way it is now, all you have to do is set L and R Locators, and it copies everything.
There is the option, Preferences>Editing>"Cycle follows Range Selection", which may or may not simplify your situation, depending on whether you were already using the Range tool.. it will set L and R Locators as you set a Range (doesn't work the other way round, though ;) ).
Mac Pro Quad-Core 2.66 gHz | 16GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3|MOTU Midi Timepiece AV l Mac OS X 10.8.5 l Mac OS X 10.6.8 | Cubase 7.5.20| Cubase 7.0.7| Cubase 6.5.5 | Cubase 5.5.3
vic_france

Postby suntower » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:17 pm

See that's exactly what I almost always want... I want to copy the -range- (horizontal) but the -entire- vertical area. This should be a one button affair in my opinion.

So I'd like a 'Global RANGE Copy'.

I definitely do NOT want the 'Cycle Follows Range Selection'. If I could I'd -never- move the Locators.

---JC

vic_france wrote:But then it wouldn't be "global" ;).. you'd have to select all the tracks (including tempo track etc) manually. At least, the way it is now, all you have to do is set L and R Locators, and it copies everything.
There is the option, Preferences>Editing>"Cycle follows Range Selection", which may or may not simplify your situation, depending on whether you were already using the Range tool.. it will set L and R Locators as you set a Range (doesn't work the other way round, though ;) ).
Primary: i7960 16gb RAM, SSD, 3 1TB HD, Win7/64 Ult
Second: Q8400 16gb RAM 3 1TB HD, Win7/64
Laptop: HP Pavilion i5, 8GB RAM 7200RPM, Cubase 7.5, iCPro, WL7,
Vienna Ensemble5, VSL, NI Komplete, EWQLSO, etc. CME UF8, Roland TD-12 VDrums
suntower

Return to Feature Requests and Suggestions