Channel Strip/EQ location question clarification?

any help would be appreciated on this one :slight_smile:

I am a bit confused on the precise location of the Channel Strip/EQ in terms of an audio channel

One page 229 of the manual, the EQ is located after Insert 6 and just before the fader. No problem.

The same EQ, according to the channel strip, in the Mix Console, defaults to just after the Gate and Comp effects and just before the Trans Sat and Limit Effects. No problem.

But if I move the Channel Strip to be Pre Insert instead of the default Post Insert, does the EQ Position go with it and become Pre Insert also? Or can I leave the EQ located after Insert 6 as is the default in the layout?

Thanks!

:ugeek:

and to clarify, i am under the assumption that the Channel Strip “post insert” means “after insert 6, before the fader and before inserts 7 and 8…”

Yes I assume that the EQ and the “Channel Strip” will “PRE” the insert in that case.

You can always make simple test to figure that out. :wink:
Add audio analyzer at “insert slot-1” and make a “PEAK” EQ boost-setting on one of the EQ-bands.
Now, see if you can see the EQ peak in the analyzer.

Best Regards
Freddie

Quote from OP:

“But if I move the Channel Strip to be Pre Insert instead of the default Post Insert, does the EQ Position go with it and become Pre Insert also? Or can I leave the EQ located after Insert 6 as is the default in the layout??”

Yes, the EQ will also become Pre Insert.

Mind you:

The order of the effects in the Channelstrip can always be altered to your preference in 2 ways:

1. In Project Page > Inspector> Strip Tab : drag the name of the effect you want to be re-ordered to the slot you want it to be in.
  2. In Edit Channel Settings Window : drag the name of the effect you want to be re-ordered to the slot you want it to be in.

Hope this helps ! :smiley:

Robbie

hey thanks FH and V3000!

yep i just picked up on that by running a quick test as outlined - the eq travels with the channel strip just the same as it would on an analog mixer

i was hoping i could part it out and move the strip separately from the eq section

thank you much! :slight_smile:

You are very welcome :0)