7.5.20 Impressions...

That’s an Automap problem that’s been around for years , if you uncheck the Vst3plugins in your Automap server then it works as expected

Does not work when it is included in the example Full Screen Monitor 2. It would be good if it worked. Looks nicer.

Thanks! It’s always automap. :slight_smile:
Anyway, I found and posted a solution here:

Yes, and I believe they know about it.
Plug-ins vanish behind the full screen mix console regardless of how many monitors you have. The only solution I know of is don’t work with mix console at full screen. Instead just make the mix console as large as you can (without windows maximizing) and turn off AOT for the mix console. It won’t look quite as nice and as Da da said you will lose a track of screen space.

The other way is to use a key command to turn on/off the full screen mix console so you can see the plug-in that is being hidden by the full screen mix console.

It would be nice to work Full Screnn Mode. Otherwise, what is it for you if you can not use …

It seems ok however I experienced my first crash ever with cubase after installing and working on a previously created project, seemed ok the rest of the session but I did have a couple instances where it completely froze my computer for about 30 seconds and the session was not huge nor is my computer under powered. The point is I have never seen that before.

I also still have cpu spikes from 60% immediately to clipping thru out out the session even though I froze any tracks using cpu. This only showed up when I moved to 7. Guess I have some digging still to do.

is possibile print score pdf under osx? external instruments could be saved as a preset? instrument rack is back on the slim version? thanks

yes, not working in the full screen monitor 1 or 2 … just working in the normal mode :slight_smile: it would be nice if the steinberg include this fix in the next update !

Yeah, I’m attempting to solve all my 3rd party plugin issues once and for all. New computer just for DAW, fresh Cubase install. Testing each plugin, one by one. If it crashes during install, use, during scanning, during plugin window updating or on close of Cubase, that it, it’s gone. I will do zero troubleshooting on it. Cutting my losses and moving on.

So far, I did find one rotten apple in the bunch. Loved that plugin, too. :cry:

@Jalcide - out of curiousity, which plugin was that ?

I don’t have C7, but should be loading it up in the next week or two. So please forgive this ignorant question re: problems w/ “full screen” mixer …

Why wouldn’t hitting F3 to close the mixer and expose the VST/plug-in windows for editing be an effective and simple solution to the “hiding” problems described above? Then when finished in the VST/plug-in windows, hit F3 again to get the mixer up?

Thanks, I’m just doing what I can by reading the C7 forums to hit the ground running as much as possible when I load up the C7 I’ve purchased.

Jalcide
That’s exactly what i done last year , no other programs on my comp apart from Steinberg Cubase and Wavelab, Halion 5 , automap , UAD and a few very good plugin’s and i have ZERO issues with loading and saving . Best move you’ll make :wink:

Mathew Lane’s wonderful, DrMS spatial processor (basically a M/S control on steroids). Version 4.0.1; Windows, 64bit VST version; running under Windows 8.1 x64.

Such a great plugin, but I do have many other plugins that offer enough methods of M/S control, to cover my bases.

It’ll probably take a few more days, but glad I’m doing this exercise.

Btw, this is under 7.5.10. I’m doing this refresh before the 7.5.20 update so that I have a clean 7.5.10 to revert to if .20 causes problems.

Painstaking, but once it’s done, it’s done – I’ll never have to do this again, cuz I’ve got a system in place now to image my drive before each update.

Great to hear. Yeah, that’s what I’m thinkin’.

Time to cull the herd and start from a place of known stability.

A computer that one has to update for work and other things is almost impossible to “snapshot” in a way that could actually be restored to, without too many other considerations. But a dedicated DAW computer – no problem. Nothing important happens on it except the project files and sound libraries, which are saved on other drive(s).

Just thought I would throw this in here…

A new icon was added for ‘automation follows events’ seems a little strange to just add this icon after all these years…

my guess?
Automation overhaul in v8… :slight_smile:

Im still running the same machine as you and because it’s so dedicated , no other Daw software to conflict with it runs like a dream , no crashes , i use Camel plugin’s and Alchemy , Sugar Bytes , Ill formed ,sonic charge , fabfilter and this 3770k with 32gb and SSD’s and this thing flies for 7 hours a day :wink:

Nice!

Cubase, since 7.04 has been amazingly stable for me, 3rd party plugins aside. But I’m looking forward even more stability with plugins and peace of mind when updating. Waves v9r15 took me out of commission for several months. I was especially busy with day job, so it worked out, but I can’t let that happen again.

Ha, just noticed Waves release v9r18 yesterday. Here we go again. This time, I’m ready!

I need to update my signature, this new dedicated DAW is actually a i7 4770K. Too early to tell, but it looks like it will be beating my overclocked 3770K, even without much OC – slightly. I think the floating point is getting better with these new processors (finally). The 3770K is still a beast though, no need to upgrade for that alone.

Loving the update so far, many great bugfixes. But I’ve noticed 2 weird things after 2 full days of usage. Dotted horizontal crosshair artifact (when moving midi clips left/right) and rare selection rectangle disappearance. More details here:

Anyone else had this?

Go for it , This 3770k i bought 2 weeks before the 4770k was available so it’s still pretty new and with no new software apart from cubase updates being installed ( of course i have the spare cloned ssd for the fail save ) it’s as you say a monster , mean and lean and lean is just the way you need to keep it if you want a stable DAW :wink:
Even Automap is nearly perfect :wink:

Great update, no more Vsti dropouts, and now I can have a buffersize of 128 in my audio-interface without pops and CLICKs.

Thanks for the info Guillermo,

I’ll have to sell Cubase then.