7.5.20 Impressions...

Exactly, It was great using the edit mode with 7.5.0, so why did they take it away? I hope they give it back with 7.5.30.

Not sure what you mean here. You can modify any window to any size you wish. Yes, there are some things that still work better in 6.5 (less troublesome to access and modify sends, inserts, etc), but v7 is leaps and bounds more customizable in terms of appearance and setting up information you need on screen.

Im on Mac probably everything works better on PC…

Read through more threads (checking signatures) and you’ll see the grass is not necessarily greener on the other side of that fence…

Because that was a reverse engineered hack, of a feature exclusive to Nuendo.
And you don’t have to be a genius to grasp that Cubase and Nuendo share a great amount of the same code.

Thanks for the tip!

This is weird - some people seem to be reporting INCREASED latency after installing the update.

There may be a subtlety working here.

I have seen a very slight increase in the average “VST Performance” meter (green bar) but now the real-time value (red bar) is not randomly hitting the top (for no obvious reason) and causing an overload indication on the virtual LED at the top of the meter.

I can easily get the average VST Performance back down again by increasing the buffer size in the ASIO driver (thereby increasing latency). There is no point, in my set-up, since the average VST Performance is still less than 20% on the meter and the random real-time peaking that used to occur has now stopped (or at least significantly reduced). In fact, I can now reduce the buffer size (and therefore the latency) without the average performance going above 25%. Others though may have had their average VST performance nudged “over the edge” and so have to increase the buffer size (and therefore latency) to compensate.

This might go some way to account for some of us reporting less latency and other more.

I’m not so sure about that. Move around back-n-forth while holding mouse and you get some weird lines. Doubt if it’s a new feature :slight_smile: Seems more like a crosshair redraw glitch

Can’t you just add one in the Key Commands?

Really like the new update. Much more readable over all with the increased contrast, and the lines with the divit is a great indicator that there are controls accessible below.

Would really love to be able to change the colour of the mixers metal body (so that the channels would be darker vertically).

I looked into the package and there is alot of fixed content, patches there. Perhaps list all the fixes that you do. GIve’s us an excuse to explore the changes.

No UI issues or performance issues here so far. Mac iMac, OSX 10.8.5 with extra monitor.

Keep it up guys!

Gute Arbeit! Schnell! Schnell! (got that out of a movie so I think that’s correct)

I absolutely love how MIDI notes have a corresponding color for their velocity in the piano roll. I loved that in REAPER and I love it here. :slight_smile:

Lots of useful options in the Event Colors pop up. Besides Velocity, Pitch is another one I use frequently.

Hello,

It is not coming back as, I already mentioned on many other posts and threads “Edit Mode” its a Nuendo only feature.

Best regards,
GN

From an early Cubase 7 Musotalk (german) video interview (Youtube) with a.o. Helge Vogt and a few of the actual Beta testers.

That’s been around for a long long time - since C5 at least. It’s the default colouring option - others being MIDI channel etc.

It’s not enough to mention C5 for that feature. It’s been there at least since C5 VST32 … it’s probably been there since Cubase left its black/white pre history? :wink:

Just about all the little features in C7 → C7.5.20 is exactly what I like when I see it. People are different. Right now I’m very happy with the directions Cubase is heading in!!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Hey i like it …

sure the things i want to see like Zoom being remembered in configs is not there but I’m sure they will get there eventually

Good Job Steiny !

+1

Would love to know the majority advice on this.

Im currently on the previous update and very happily working away, I’m using cubase in a full time capacity so question is the update worth it or am i better not touching anything, if its not broke etc…?

Ask G-string :mrgreen: