Sort of anyways.
My JX3P 1.zip (1.69 KB)

Twinz!
My Bell DownPitch 1-2.zip (3.22 KB)

Dry.
My Sync Chorus 1.zip (1.65 KB)

Goodbye (albeit poetic) 80ā€™s
My Digi80s 1.zip (1.86 KB)

A Low Frequency Oscillator comes in handy almost anytime.
My HypnoLFO 1-2.zip (3.5 KB)

Sync it!
My SimpleLFO 1-2.zip (3.28 KB)

If anyone (that havenā€™t already given a ā€œthumbs upā€ for these programs) would like additional programs, please add thumbs up for the ones you like, and perhaps Iā€™ll add a few more in that genre.

Hi! I was wondering if you know how to get a synth sound from Retrolouge 2 like this:

Sweet "Burn On The Flame" - YouTube

Listen @ 0:34 and you hear what kind of sound I mean. It kind of ā€œwobbles and do other stuff tooā€ā€¦ I will experiment to achive such sound myself but I have zero experience with synths (I mainly play bass, guitar and sing and do some midi drum stuff but never synth stuff, maybe some midi piano or organ stuff but then with ā€œready-made presetsā€).

Plus, I also like to know how to achive a synth sound like this (a song by the same rock band from the 70ā€™s, The Sweet):

- YouTube

Listen from the beginning of the song and youā€™ll hear a synth thing going on with the celloā€¦

Also on this song:

Suite / Lays in your Eyes - YouTube

Also from the beginning of the songā€¦

Iā€™d love some help with these synth sounds and dont know where to ask because Iā€™m completely new to playing around with synth sounds! I ask because Iā€™m doing cover songs of this rock band and they use these synth soundsā€¦ Sigh! They sound fantastic though and where probably ahead of their time in the 70ā€™s using synthsā€¦ Any help with this would be fantastic! :slight_smile: Iā€™ll try your presets too, maybe the synth sounds Iā€™m looking for are in there somewhereā€¦ :slight_smile:

Amazingly enough, I was in a band in the late 1980ā€™s that played a couple of Sweet songs for fun at a couple of local concerts in Sweden. I was a Sweet fan growing up.

Many of their sounds were based on LFO (like in all three tracks you linked), and what I was and still am impressed with is their use of envelope for pitch (like in ā€œBurn on the Flameā€ or the infamous ā€œBlockbusterā€, got to love it). Few bands that Iā€™ve heard since (even synth bands) use this other than occasionally. I adore the initial sound on ā€œFox on the Runā€ as well. Nice use of a play sound and effect. Another nugget is the space sound on the chorus build-up on ā€œHell Raiserā€. :slight_smile:

Do you by any chance have access to a traditional analog synthesizer? This will make it easier (for a beginner) to make sounds like what you are asking for. Itā€™s not hard at all really. Many are based on simple technics by todays standards. But as you can hear on most of their recordings, those melodies blend excellent into a mix.

I donā€™t have much free time at the moment (which is why I havenā€™t been active here lately) but when I get a chance Iā€™ll pop some more sounds in here. If you have any questions (only people that laugh at questions are stupid), post them and Iā€™ll answer when and if I can.

Play with the LFOā€™s and the filter cutoff/resonance to space out. These will get you going.
My Sweetness 1-2.zip (6.67 KB)