EZdrummer upgrade to ver 2

How do you find the default kit of EZD 2 compares to Superior 2.0 library?

It compares extremely favorably…I can’t spot the difference really!! knowing what I know now I would not have bought Superior drummer…damn!!!
exdrummer 2 has a whole lot of presets for various genre’s (much like SD)so a lot less eq"ing and what not to do…and I’ve always found ez easier :laughing: to use…

Kevin

Interesting. I did a quick render of the 85BPM swing MIDI file that came as a demo with EZDrummer.

For those interested: Dropbox - File Deleted

One file is Superior Drummer loaded with one of my favorite Steven Slate Presets then the other is default EZDrummer (there are no presets of course). Everything is unprocessed.

Perhaps you want to render the same MIDI file with a preset from EZD 2?

I’ll have a go but this is complicated stuff for me…give an hour or so

removed the post from soundcloud…running out of space…

Wow very impressive. No brainer it beats the old kit, and gives a close fight to Superior. Quite disturbing the more I think about it.

Thanks for posting that up.

Thanks Mauri!
Last question: do you know if it is possible to install the library on an external hard drive? It’s possible with superior but it wasn’t with EZ Drummer

Here is an article talking about how to move the files. I followed the instructions and it worked perfect. The only incorrect part of the instruction was if you upgrade from EZ Drummer 1 to 2 the files are not located at: C:/ProgramFiles/Toontrack/EZDrummer They are at: C:/ProgramFiles(X86)/Toontrack/EZDrummer…

Hey guys,

I did a couple of promo videos for Toontrack for the EZdrummer 2:

And a four-part tutorial series teaching how to use it:

Of course it’s all done inside Cubase! :smiley: Hope you enjoy!

it also has a lot of pre set kits…for me it wipes SD out…I will not be using SD again… who wants to move mic’s around anyway?

I’m thinking about upgrading too.
Thanks for the info everyone! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Wim

If you need any more info wim just pm me, I’ll be happy to help…Kevin

The upgrade was easy and is working flawlessly. I really like the presets they added that you can choose to make a subtle change to the sound of a particular groove. That’s cool and will save me some time adding effects (like a reverb/echo, etc.) to some drum tracks. Definitely worth the upgrade price from the original version. :slight_smile:

Regards :sunglasses:

Thanks CWS.

I’m on Mac, but very helpful. First I moved the EZ1 library, then I bought the upgrade, than I installed it. The cool thing is that, since I moved the EZ1 first, EZ2 went in place (external HD) right away, I had anything to do. :slight_smile:

Superior doesn’t see the EZ2 library yet, but, from what I read on the toontrack forum, there will be soon an update, hopefully.

Anyway, the basic modern kit is very good, I lake it very much.

You are welcome…Glad you are up and running :slight_smile:

Thanks Kevin, but I already ordered it! :smiley:

Hope to give it a try later this evening…

It’s a great product. If you’re interested, you can check out a four-part tutorial series I did on it for free at http://matikis.com/imagination/drumpromo.

Enjoy!

Out of curiosity does the EZ1 still operate once the upgrade is done (will I be able to open old project done with EZ1)

Yes. You’ll also have the advantage of a more efficient engine running EZd2.

Thanx! :slight_smile: