Just bought ur28M - has ai 6 ... can someone help me get ai7

Hi -

I just bought a ur28M, and the package has the Cubase ai6 included. I just installed and activated it, but now can’t find how to upgrade it to the current version ai 7.x.x … can someone give me a pointer please?

Thanks!

Register your license inside my steinberg. Your Ai6 version will become Ai7 automatically.

Woo-hoo, will do, can’t wait - thanks, Makumbaria!

EDIT: I’m very bummed, it didn’t work out that way. It says “Activation registers your product”, and so I activated hoping it would morph into AI 7 as you mentioned, but it just stayed AI 6.

Is this a process you went through also? … any other suggestions from you, Steinberg, or anyone would be greatly appreciated -

Thanks!

Well, I did this twice (using Cubase AI 6 licenses that came with CMC controllers) and all of them become Cubase AI7.

OK, thx Makumbaria. If you happen to remember any more details or a step-by-step, please let me know.

In the meantime, maybe Steinberg can help out on Monday.

Thanks -

I’ve gotten to the step where mysteinberg is asking for a 25-entry activation code for AI 7. Yes, AI 7 is installed, and presumably usable, but it will run out of time unless I put in the activation code, or at least that’s what mysteinberg is telling me.

If anyone knows how I can get that, I’d be really happy, greateful, and have much less of a headache!

Or is there a way to bypass that, since I bought the UR28M (and updated the firmware to Version 2.1)?

Thanks -

Hello Alexis,

You must also register your UR28M’s serial number in your MySteinberg account. This will qualify you for the Cubase AI7 activation code inside your MySteinberg account and provide you with the 25 digit download access code and the 32 character activation code. If you have registered the hardware and already and downloaded AI7 but do not see the 32 character activation code, I would advise submitting a support request under MySupport in your MySteinberg account. In the support request please include your username and provide your serial number for the UR28M. From there a support agent can provide you with the needed information to update your license to Cubase AI7.

Thank you, Joel Gragg!

The UR28M shows as being registered in Mysteinberg>MyProducts>Hardware.

But something you wrote caught my eye:

You must also register your UR28M’s serial number in your MySteinberg account. This will qualify you for the Cubase AI7 activation code inside your MySteinberg account > and provide you with the 25 digit download access code and the 32 character activation code.

How does it “provide” me that, in which window? Do I need to have the UR28M connected to the laptop at that specific time?

I did put in a request to support over the weekend, and am waiting for an answer. I don’t recall their asking for the serial #, but I will certainly provide it if they contact me and ask. I wonder, can I PM you with it to pass along to them, or will that just get too messy?

Thanks again!

In my case, activation code was printed on a sheet of paper that came with each CMC hardware.

Problem solved.

Heard back from Steinberg support by email today just now - they sent me a 32 digit code, which I put into my soft e-Licenser. Now I open up Cubase AI 7 and it says nothing about a time-limited application. So, I think that means I’m in!

Kudos to Steinberg support (“Chris Dobbs”), they got back to me within 1 working day with a complete fix for the problem.
Thanks for everybody’s help. I have no idea why it didn’t work, but now it does, so I am happy!

Glad to hear we could help! :slight_smile: