Steinberg hub coming to Nuendo...

Fredo,

I must say that although I usually pretty much agree with your views, this time I am opposed rather strongly.

However you want to call it - ads or product information - I strongly believe that it is completely misplaced in a pro application’s file dialog. It’s just one step too far and I feel really embarrassed and disgusted that it happens in Steinberg’s DAWs (first?)

Isn’t it the aim of pro software’s GUI design to try to keep the user’s workflow going?
I can understand that Steinberg needs to sell in order to stay in business, but is the situation really that desperate that they need to “advertise” in places where none of the competitors does and where it interrupts the workflow and is visible to the customer?

If I would have seen this HUB thingie the first time I saw Nuendo it would have annoyed me to a point to where I would not have become a Nuendo user in the first pace.

Seriously. If someone is that aggressive to me as a salesman I close up and I’m off.

I’m not saying I will leave the platform because of this (that would be ridiculous), but if I was looking for a new DAW I would definitely NOT consider the one with the ads. I’m just telling you and more importantly Steinberg that there are pro users who feel like me out there.

Ollie