Hey guys. So what's new? Upgrading from SX3. Dinosaur.

Hello?

Is there anybody out there? :wink:

Just went from SX2 → 7.5. That was a quick 10 years…my word.

Who’s still here?

If you haven’t actually tried it how do you know?

@everyone else

7.07 works fine on a modern OS, 7.5 introduced new features and may not be feature complete.

There is a post I wrote about that that highlighted 5-10 reported and confirmed issues that would make my life a nightmare. Read this:

I have no idea what has been fixed that was talked about in that thread or my post. After following the cubase 7 development reports, I decided to pass. I’m glad it works for you though!

It all depends on usage. Workflow compromises are not accepted here. Time is important to me. I can do a whole lot more without all the added clicks. My system runs great. No reason to potentially brick it with all that new code in v7.

You wrote:
“New features may not be feature complete”

That is one hell of a wild card to me!

It means that new features were introduced into the product cycle that may require refinement (my words).

Contrary to the assertions referenced from another topic, Cubase 7.07 is feature complete.

The fact that a statement can be made based on the hearsay of others’ is telling in my view in particular when topics linked either do not exist, are solved or are OS related issues.

Pet peeve: When you quote people, don’t alter the words in the quote. I didn’t write that. I forgive you for trying to make your point. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hearsay you say?! Lol. All those issues were/are real. As I wrote in my earlier post, I don’t know what has or has not been fixed. I followed the development cycle for a looooong time, nuendo too, and here I am… No cubase 7 and I sold nuendo. That ought to mean something but engineering isn’t a hobby to me, it pays bills so take my post lightly as we may have different tolerances for what we are willing to accept. :mrgreen:

To Joe: Buyer beware and careful what you read!

Thanks for the input fellas! Still organizing old software upgrade paths, etc. and mulling over the DAW build. Looks like WIN7 is way to go. Also still waiting on a query I posted to Steinberg on the upgrade price from SX3 that is supposed to be available until 8/31, but is listed as currently not available to order on their site…

This is the lounge, so I’m supposing there will be more latitude on how posts can be made.

Without wanting to engage in tit-for-tat discussion, I was merely correcting your misquote of me.

I would however auger that by definition your post(s) are trolling in nature; as you don’t actually own the product, have never used nor even tried it and therefore have no genuine reason to comment.

Hi Joe! :wave:

I’m using Cubase 7 on Windows 7 and I haven’t encountered any issues yet.
But, to be honest, I haven’t recorded much lately and I don’t push Cubase to its limits.

Cheers,
Wim

Did you know that >> :stuck_out_tongue: << means razzing/having fun? I’m really sorry you can’t accept my opinion on cubase 7. I tried explaining how it was formed.

So, how about this one:

I know Joe. Is that is a genuine reason to comment? :laughing:

Hi Wim! Thnx.

Hey people. Let’s play nice.

I see this place hasn’t really changed much. :mr teeth:

You can still run SX3 under the C7 license, not to mention C4, 5 and 6. Just request D/L links from one of the mods.

The only real issues with C7 is trying to bridge 32 bit plugs in the 64 bit flavor. J-Bridge solves most of that.

Oh, pre VST 2.3 plugs are not supported, IIRC.

And it’s :mr green: or :teef:, not :mr teeth:, :yfc:. :wink:

The REAL issue is the toyish mixer with its mouseover nonsense and rightclick nonsense for things that where clear visibly up to Cubase 6.

But to be fair: Padshop, Retrologue and Halion Sonic 2 (SE) are REALLY great.
I just bought the absolute collection and don’t regret it.

Although I perfectly understand your point and sticking with whatever works for you, that thread is very old and all the issues in your post have been solved in either 7.0.2 or 7.0.3 (except one that does not exists anymore). I don’t think it really applies to 7.5.

Are you really in need of something more than what SX3 can do, or just Bi-Curious about Cubase 7? :smiley:

Excellent information. Thank you Fabio!

Good point. I’ve been mulling over just doing a fresh install of XP/SC3 and all necessary apps on the old box. But it’s 10 years old and seems like a time waster…fresh hardware would be nice.

Does UFEI BIOS with boot security and GPT format disks cause any salivation?

Surely this “system” you refer to does not use PATA drives and DDR2 RAM?

Does it have an AGP slot? On board math co-processor with cache?

What about USB, is it version 1.0a?

This is not to mention PCI 2.3 for low voltage add-in cards, which was a major revision but rare to find any actual peripherals that supported it, maybe the Emu systems with onboard reverb.

If all these things make you froth at the mouth, then yes you are a dino

Not necessarily a ‘time waster’ as long as it will accomplish what you need it to do. I believe there’s value in keeping what you have, which is not measure in dollars alone, but what the system & software is worth to you having/keeping and it’s continued use…of course what you ‘save’ is also what you’re not spending.

I’m in a similar boat as you. I never felt Cubase was the limiting factor, only my computer’s resources with VSTi’s. Instead of upgrading, I found a fairly cheap solution by outsourcing my VSTi’s to run on another machine, my own problem solved for the foreseeable future.

Cubase 7 is still on ebay for $399.00 though, and with a new computer it may be the last build you’ll ever do.

Until what, the fan bearings wear out?

I’d say you have accomplished what many would like but have not been able (like myself) which is distributed computing for audio.