Groove Agent has lost it's way

I’ve been with Groove Agent since the original GA1 years ago, and it has always been a great tool for composition, as well as, at times, a cool and convenient addition to live studio tracks (Yeah, believe it or not). I still use Groove Agent 3 along with Groove Agent 4 (Two very different beasts, to be sure) and find both tools indispensable in a variety of situations.
In Cubase Pro 8 or Nuendo 6.5, via JBridge, you can’t find an easier tool than Groove Agent 3 for laying a quick drum track when inspiration hits, one that can be easily edited or augmented, and further enhanced with Groove Agent 4. I’m not a note for note from scratch drum programmer, but editing a performance by world-class drummers in either of these tools couldn’t be more user friendly, at least for me. I think the confusion for many was the expectation that Groove Agent 4 was going to be the next iteration of GA3, when in fact it is a completely different workflow. Unfortunate naming convention, I think, but the tool itself is great when you get used to it, which doesn’t take very long, truthfully. It’s all subjective, of course, but the critics have this one wrong. Can’t please everyone :slight_smile: