I want make a clean reinstallation

Ok, so I grabbed a bargain and took advantage of the upgrade version price from Cubase LE5 to Cubase 7.5 recently. I think I might have a failed installation. A few weeks earlier I tried to install a trial version of Cubase 7 which did install and with numerous VSTs, but because I didn’t have a USB elicenser I could not run the program. I tried to uninstall it all from my machine, but it didn’t uninstall the VSTs and perhaps some other stuff as well. I also have Cubase LE5 still on my machine as well.
So I have installed 7.5 on top of all of this, indeed during installation it said that some VSTs are already installed and so will not install again. But I have been having a few little problems possibly surrounding 64bit installation vs 32bit installation stuff and maybe some other conflicts, so I want to uninstall all my Steinberg products and reinstall a Clean boot of Cubase 7.5. I’m new to this elicenser stuff and the strict activation processes, if I uninstall all the products, then reinstall 7.5, will I run into problems trying to activate it again etc. Must LE5 be installed on the machine for my 7.5 upgrade version to use parts of its structure etc., or can I uninstall it LE5 completely. I do have my licenses at My Steinberg and my USB elicenser.

If you activated already then the licence is now on the dongle, you won’t need to re-activate and you don’t need any earlier version to be installed.

Hello redshawnfitness,

checked the registration in MySteinberg, Cubase 7.5 is activated, so you don’t need to do anything about licensing.
As Grim wrote, no earlier version needed.

In order to perform a clean installation, I would recommend to uninstall your current installation and start fresh with the Cubase 7.5 ISO image:
http://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=downloads_cubase_75&L=1 - under Cubase 7.5 - Complete Installation.

Some info on how to deal with 32 and 64 bit:
Basic article: https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/using-32-bit-plug-ins-on-64-bit-systems.html
Detailed article: https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/instructions-on-how-to-organise-32-and-64-bit-plug-ins-separately.html

Cheers,

Hiya, yes I have managed to do what I wanted to do, and now I have a clean install of both 32 bit and 64 bit versions. However I am having a little bit of a problem with HALion Sonic and the 64 bit version. When I start the 64 bit Cubase 7.5, during the beginning initialization process I receive a succession of dialog windows saying that certain VSTsound content for HALion Sonic presets cannot be found - Locate, Ignore, or Remove. Yet the problem doesn’t occur in the 32 bit version. Is this the issue you have highlighted in your links about certain VST not functioning correctly between bit versions. Its a hell of a shame actually, I wondered if maybe I could manually cut and paste them into the destination folder, but I cannot locate the desired files on my machine. The dreaded TORRENT download websites claim to have them but I don’t trust them. Is this a know issue, is there a fix?

After liaising by email with the support team, I reinstalled Cubase 7.5 a third time, but this time using the ISO download images of DVD1 Cubase 7.5 and DVD5 for the HALion Sonic SE; these can be found on the Cubase 7.5 download update page. She’s running smoothly now.

Sorry, didn’t see you previous post, glad you are set now.

Cheers,