Crossgrade from PT offer

If the new licensing model of Avid is scaring customers away, then I’m sure they are clever and mature enough to find an alternative. A Crossgrade offer from any other company will not make a huge difference.

I have nothing against crossgrade offers as such.
But the very fact that a crossgrade offer is introduced only -and only then- at times when the targeted competitor is in troubled waters, makes it unethical for me.

Let me put it in another way. For those who watch soccer.
When a member of the opposing team is down for some reason (and mostly it’s nothing more than some bad acting-not a real injury), the other team kicks the ball out, so the team member can recover. Or at least have looked at by the medics. If business would be business and football would be football, then the opposing team would just continue the game, regardless if the member of the other team is down or not. That’s simple fairplay.
Or just call them sissy’s, that applies too.

So to come back to the situation. If Steinberg would have offered a permanent crossgrade, I wouldn’t have problems with it. But offering it now, at the very moment when the competitor is in trouble is unethical to me.
It’s not because “an enemy” is in trouble water that I need to give 'em a push so he drawns for sure. or that I will watch by the side of the lake, while laughing in his face.

Just my personal opinion, everyone is free to disagree.
Fredo