Hidden Cubase 8 features!

This is a great feature! This one was worthy of upgrade mention! I will definitely buy the upgrade for this feature alone! Combined with better ASIO Guard now that they will be instrument tracks template. Just awesome!

Mediabay now filters away any additional selections that are not relative, in older cubase versions if you select a filter, the others would just gray out, now mediabay will filter away anything not relevant in the other filters…

Hi, can you explain this one a little to me? (Other people seem really stoked about this too, so I want to understand the implications.)

I am not much of a template user, but I’ve found that even with Cubase 7.5’s overhaul, I’m still using Instrument tracks only for single-part instruments and Rack instruments for anything that might go multi-timbral/multi-output.

What exactly do you mean when you say you can disable Instrument Tracks, and how does this affect your workflow? Are you talking about tracks that have no MIDI associated with them (like you would see when you first opened up a template)?

if you disable a track, the track still appears in your timeline, but the plugins are not loaded and the instrument is not loaded. the workflow basically is, you would render out your track to audio, then disable the instrument track.

Perhaps this is what I don’t understand: Would you use this ability in addition to the new render-in-place feature, or instead of it? (I had assumed that the new bounce ability automatically disabled the plugins on that track/channel, but is that not the case?)

Thanks!

Having trouble navigating and scrolling up and down in the new Mix-console view? :frowning:

Hover you mouse between “two” tracks —>|<---- in Mix-console view to scroll. Now the scrolling with your mouse works again.
Also on VCA faders, whole area works for scrolling Mix-console view, up and down.

Temporary workaround until Steinberg fix the scrolling issue.
Hope it helps. :slight_smile:

Best Regards
Freddie

the render in place actually uses this functionality, when you render in place you have the option of disabling the instument track which frees up the CPU etc of all the plugins but gives you the ability to quickly go back to the original track if needed… best of both worlds

Recording a MIDI track with ANY channel enabled let’s you record all available MIDI channels from an external Synth/Sequencer or similar situation. Then you can dissolve that track into several MIDI tracks to have them played from Cubase. And the ANY track get’s muted automatically. Good one!

Does it take some time to “re-enable” or just a few moments? This is like freezing/unfreezing audio yes?

This functionality is especially useful for those of us that set up large orchestral MIDI templates. Opening a new sequence based off a template with dozens of Kontakts and sample patches can take 30 seconds - or several minutes even - if it’s a big template. It will take much less time if you’re not forced to load all the plug-ins and samples off the bat. Only a few seconds to get the session open. Then you just “re-enable” the instruments you need as you go.

The only time it takes to re-enable an instrument track is the time it takes to load the plug-ins and/or samples (ie: Kontakt) within. So not long. A few seconds tops.

Being able to open multiple editors of the same kind

Explain? ie: I can only open one Key Editor at the same time, unless I’m missing something…

we always could ! its in the preferences → editing-> untick “link editors”

I suppose it’s true that it allowed it before. I always struggled getting it to work with workspaces, AOT, maximize, minimize etc …
It actually “works” now.

hoo well… the windows handling now is much better in Windows OS…

Hi Mozizo. I can’t see record output feature on midi inserts.
Mac osx 10.9.5

Interesting comment - not sure why though… on my systems, Freeze and unload worked well…and no Pro Tools in sight :sunglasses:

The use for template creation - that’s a different bugger… :smiley:

Haven’t been able to find any documentation about this in the Manual, but the meters in the Mixer Bridge now apparently show the compression gain reduction levels if a compressor is used in the rack.

isn’t that just based on the meter pre/post setting?