Cubase 8 Pro was not ready for public release

What I find difficult to get my head around is the number of “professionals” who are complaining about Cubase 8. Many exclaiming indignantly that it’s bad for business. I understand their disappointment, but what an earth is any professional worth their salt upgrading for use in their studio at this point in the cycle. You have to stay with what works. However if those users are just in the process of testing 8 and have no intention of using it with clients fine.

Much as I have sympathy for the problems that users have had (and I seem to have had a few myself),it was our own decision to upgrade. There was no gun to our heads. We have a duty to our own sanity to be wary of new software. We certainly cannot afford to be a hostage to fortune by being totally reliant upon it from day one.

Actually my main complaint at the moment is the lack of dialogue between Steinberg and their user base. I am not for one moment suggesting that they get involved in the forum debates. A locked statement at the top of this forum would be helpful - an acknowledgement of the main issues and a time-scale to deal with these issues - perhaps a general idea of their vision for this software.