Cubase 8 Pro was not ready for public release

Let me help you there:

Be assured that our opinion on the quality of this release will not be adjusted by the fact that it works fine for you

Sounds pretty irritated to me.

So to be clear. A thread is started boldly stating (not questioning) that C8 was not ready for public release. Some loudly agree. However, when it is pointed out that many are getting on with it fine - yes, very much including those of us who use it for a living - this is of no relevance whatsoever. Indeed, we are to “be assured” of its irrelvance. Ditto when you compare with competitors at 10x the price yet far worse performance, this is also brushed aside as irrelevant.

It’s the definitive point at which this thread demonstrates it has no value. Regardless of what facts and opinions are considered, it will not matter. Some folks here want a jolly good rant, and they’re going to have it, inconvenient facts be dammned, and shame on us for spoiling that particular ranty party. As for the idea that now the thread should about turn and become more cerebral and analytical - perhaps starting with a less infantile subject header might be a thought.

I would love nothing more than to spend 2 hours going through everything else point by point (as we all know there’s nothing more intellectually stimulating that reading forum arguments that spiral into ever decreasing circles of petulance after all), but I really must be off to earn that living.