Cubase 6.5 the fastest and trouble-free Cubase?

Given that I think that 6 and 6.5 were awful experiences for me, logically I should then say that your opinion sucks. Which of course I am not!!! Only by implication, and then only by accident. :laughing:
However, it is more complicated than that. Something about my system did not like 6.xx and yet was ok with 7 and 8. God knows what that was,because I don’t.
A lot of the stuff we see on the forum is the result of system incompatibilities. If we can’t police our systems how on earth can SB?

For most people I would say that all these versions worked fine. The only people complaining are a relatively small number of people on this forum. Why should that be?

A lot of it is to do with third party applications like Slate that for some reason are falling foul of the changes in 8. Some of it is possibly due to the endless upgrading over the top of previous installs and as a result errors start creeping in. Some of it is users experimenting with all kinds of, ahem… unofficial solutions in an effort to solve an issue. Some of it is running a system that is not man enough for the task…not enough memory…too slow a cpu…old graphic card/sound card drivers.

That is not to say that there are not problems with 8. I was serious when I said that I lose less time dealing with stability issues in the current version. 6 was a total nightmare for me, so it is strange and illogical to hear other users sing it’s praises.