Windows 10 - please do not upgrade!

It’s not that easy… let’s start with Quicktime. Version 7.7.7 was released not too far prior to the Windows 10 release and this was the first version which could not be installed on Windows 10. 7.7.6 works just fine. And this is actually a very good example. If we had started Windows 10 tests too early we would have announced compatibility only to take it all back last minute because a newer version/build of Windows (or Quicktime) broke everything again.

So what we did was running a large scale test with what we assumed was the released build of Windows 10 and we found issues. Issues our competitors have to face as well. I am not sure why no one else gave a warning that performance issues could come up but it might be related to the fact that we found something they did not find. There is something wrong with realtime audio operations in Windows 10 and Microsoft is working closley together with us to address this. Not because we screwed up but because there is a bug in the system. These things can happen and as with every other major OS upgrade one should wait before deploying it in a professional and productive environment.
Nuendo 7 works fine on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 so what exactly is it that makes Windows 10 a requirement all of a sudden?

BTW other companies like Avid or Sony (for their Vaio computers) also do not support Windows 10 as yet.

I would like to offer a different point of view. I think that waiting, thoroughly testing the release build and not offering immediate compatibility with the latest and greatest operating system just released is more professional than saying “go for it” and cope with the aftermath later.

Please be patient, both MS and Steinberg are working on it.