Steinberg unveils MR816 CSX and MR816 X Advanced Integration FireWire interfaces
Complete production solution with first-class FireWire I/O, DSP power and total integration into Cubase previewed at Musikmesse 2008
Hamburg/Frankfurt, March 12 2007 - Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH today presented a technical preview of two new FireWire I/O DSP studios: MR816 CSX and MR816 X. Designed by Steinberg and Yamaha, both units feature unprecedented integration into Cubase, and offer a full range of audio I/O options and onboard DSP with the renowned REV-X reverb. MR816 CSX also offers the acclaimed Sweet Sport Morphing Channel Strip plug-in, with both DSP effects available as a VST3 plug-in in Cubase. The new units will support Mac OS X, Windows XP and Windows Vista, and will ship in Q3 2008.
“These qualitatively outstanding units represent a departure from the traditional relationship between hardware and software,” comments Helge Vogt, Steinberg’s Product Marketing Manager for Cubase. “Fusing directly into Cubase at core level, the new units combine with Steinberg’s renowned Music Production System to offer a complete production solution comprising a first-class software DAW, outstanding FireWire I/O and high quality DSP FX. The beauty of this system is that all these aspects of functionality are unified, so all aspects are controlled from within Cubase. This allows an extremely efficient and ergonomic workflow that we believe will set new standards,” Vogt continues.
Launching Cubase 4 with MR816 CSX or MR816 X attached to the computer offers:
- True Integrated Monitoring™: no latency, DSP-powered FX* and full Cubase Control Room support including independent Studio mixes
- Complete Cubase user interface integration throughout: direct access from Cubase with no additional software mixing or external windows required
- 8 discrete Class A analog ‘D-Pre’ mic preamps with combination XLR and TRS analog inputs with advanced new inverted Darlington circuits and switchable phantom power per channel, as well as digital ADAT and S/PDIF I/O
- Quick connect: Dynamic 1:1 hardware/software mirroring and next-generation of plug and play with instant routing of inputs to Cubase channels from the hardware with the push of a button
- DSP power for Cubase*: Up to 8 simultaneous onboard DSP-powered Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip with compressor, EQ as well as REV-X reverb – available within Cubase during mixing.
*Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip available in MR816 CSX only.
MR816 CSX and MR816 X will be available from Q3 2008.