CI2+ Production Kit now available
On time for the NAMM show, Steinberg releases a thrilling hardware and software bundle, emphasizing its incorporated Advanced Integration technology for perfect workflow
HAMBURG, Germany — January 19, 2012 — Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH today released the CI2+ Production Kit. The hardware and software bundle comprises the acclaimed CI2+ audio interface/controller alongside the Cubase AI 6 music production software and WaveLab LE 7 audio editing suite. The featured Advanced Integration technology facilitates every phase of the music creation process, from the initial idea through to the final mixdown.
With the CI2+ Production Kit, Steinberg is offering the ultimate entry-level recording and production solution for guitarists, singers and podcasters.
“The CI2+ Production Kit comes with a quality interface and two great music software applications that are optimally tailored to each other. It’s simply the perfect out-of-the-box experience, and that at an unbeatable price!” commented Stefan Schreiber, product marketing manager at Steinberg.
The CI2+ features USB connectivity at a 24-bit resolution and a sampling rate of 48 kHz, providing two microphone inputs with balanced XLR/jack combo connectors, high-quality microphone preamps and onboard +48V phantom power. Its panel boasts level and mixing controls alongside transport control buttons and the prominent AI Knob for adjusting many functions in the software. The dedicated high-impedance switch for the first channel allows direct connection of electric and bass guitars.
Cubase AI 6 is based on the same core technologies as Steinberg’s highly acclaimed Cubase 6 advanced music production system, offering a comprehensive feature set for composing, recording, editing and mixing music.
WaveLab LE 7 offers a suite of audio editing tools, making it the immediate application to record and edit audio material. With its Internet publishing feature, the online dissemination via podcast is as easy as it gets.
Availability and pricing
The CI2+ Production Kit is available through the Steinberg Online Shop and authorized Steinberg resellers.
The suggested retail price for the CI2+ Production Kit is EUR 249, including German VAT, and GBP 220, including British VAT.
Features at a glance
• A no-worry full-system solution to record music at an unbeatable price point
• Easy to use with the Project Assistant and the browse functionality — especially for beginners
• Interactive recording functionality allows hands-free recording with the optional footswitch and the optional mic stand adapter
• Advanced Integration system: totally integrated tactile control of the Steinberg Cubase range of production systems, maintaining complete focus on the project
• Ultra-precision AI controller knob: “point and control” support: controls any Cubase, WaveLab, FX or VSTi parameter using mouse-pointer selection for exhilarating speed
• Additional controller functionality with dedicated buttons
• AI-ready LED for Cubase: when the LED lights up, the CI2+ is ready to go with Cubase! Instant plug and play — no additional setup or parameter assigning required
• Two high-quality mic preamps with +48 V phantom power with a fully USB-powered audio interface giving total freedom of mobile recording elaborate
• Includes Cubase AI 6 music production software and WaveLab LE 7 mastering and editing software
• Cross-platform 32-/64-bit for Windows and Mac OS X Intel