Dorico Pro 2.1 and Dorico Elements 2.1 released
August 16, 2018
We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of a new update for Dorico Pro and Dorico Elements, bringing them to version 2.1.
Dorico 2.1 introduces a number of important new features:
- Swing playback – set it for the whole project, or for only a region, or even for only an individual player, and modify
- Microtonal playback – comprehensive playback of extended tonality systems with no setup, through the included HALion Sonic SE 3 and other supported VST instruments
- Playback of bar repeats – rhythm section parts now sound as good as they look, with automatic playback of the repeated material
- Background sound loading – no more waiting while Dorico loads sounds in HALion Sonic SE, speeding up switching between projects and starting new ones
- Audio export of individual players or stems – export a separate audio file for each player in your project, ideal for dropping directly into Cubase for mixing
- Mid-system divisi labels – each division is now labelled automatically at the correct position, to make transitions between tutti and divisi completely clear
- Slash regions hide music – when dragging a slash region over existing music, the existing music is now hidden, but still plays back
- Propagate Part Formatting – a new dialog allows you to transfer formatting choices made for one part layout to one or more other layouts in a single click, saving even more time
- Propagate Properties – after setting the properties for an item to look just right in the full score, apply those same properties to all other layouts where the item appears with a single click
- Rich text staff labels – add font formatting changes, style changes, and line breaks in staff labels with the new rich text editor for instrument names
- Notehead set editor – design your own noteheads or modify the provided defaults with a graphical editor
In addition to the above significant new features, there are dozens of smaller improvements, and a good number of bugs have been fixed.
This update is free to existing Dorico Pro 2 and Dorico Elements 2 customers, and is recommended for all Dorico 2 users.
Customers still using Dorico 1.2.10 can buy an update to Dorico Pro 2 from the Steinberg Online Shop and will automatically receive Dorico Pro 2.1.
August 9, 2019
On Saturday, August 10, between 5 PM and 8 PM CEST, a service partner of Steinberg will carry out...
July 25, 2019
We have just released the 6.0.10 maintenance update for SpectraLayers Pro which includes a few...
July 24, 2019
Here’s an amazing bundle that really doesn’t leave any wishes unfulfilled. Written in big letters...
July 17, 2019
The latest maintenance update for HALion 6 and HALion Sonic (SE) 3 has a lot in store for you!...
July 9, 2019
Now available in our online store! Vibrant is a collection of four legendary electric pianos that...
July 3, 2019
We would like to introduce you to our latest family member: SpectraLayers Pro 6! This software...
June 26, 2019
Nuendo 10.1 has just been released, with feature additions and enhancements. Nuendo now supports...
June 26, 2019
There's a new update in town and its headliner is ARA support! 10.0.30 boasts ARA 2 compatibility...