Dorico Pro 2.1 and Dorico Elements 2.1 released
August 16, 2018
We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of a new update for Dorico Pro and Dorico Elements, bringing them to version 2.1.
Dorico 2.1 introduces a number of important new features:
- Swing playback – set it for the whole project, or for only a region, or even for only an individual player, and modify
- Microtonal playback – comprehensive playback of extended tonality systems with no setup, through the included HALion Sonic SE 3 and other supported VST instruments
- Playback of bar repeats – rhythm section parts now sound as good as they look, with automatic playback of the repeated material
- Background sound loading – no more waiting while Dorico loads sounds in HALion Sonic SE, speeding up switching between projects and starting new ones
- Audio export of individual players or stems – export a separate audio file for each player in your project, ideal for dropping directly into Cubase for mixing
- Mid-system divisi labels – each division is now labelled automatically at the correct position, to make transitions between tutti and divisi completely clear
- Slash regions hide music – when dragging a slash region over existing music, the existing music is now hidden, but still plays back
- Propagate Part Formatting – a new dialog allows you to transfer formatting choices made for one part layout to one or more other layouts in a single click, saving even more time
- Propagate Properties – after setting the properties for an item to look just right in the full score, apply those same properties to all other layouts where the item appears with a single click
- Rich text staff labels – add font formatting changes, style changes, and line breaks in staff labels with the new rich text editor for instrument names
- Notehead set editor – design your own noteheads or modify the provided defaults with a graphical editor
In addition to the above significant new features, there are dozens of smaller improvements, and a good number of bugs have been fixed.
This update is free to existing Dorico Pro 2 and Dorico Elements 2 customers, and is recommended for all Dorico 2 users.
Customers still using Dorico 1.2.10 can buy an update to Dorico Pro 2 from the Steinberg Online Shop and will automatically receive Dorico Pro 2.1.
November 19, 2018
We are pleased to announce the release of a new version of the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver for...
November 13, 2018
After only one year, Cubase returns with this major release that encompasses all three editions:...
November 1, 2018
For all our Cubase 9.5 users, this one's a definite must-install. Several issues concerning...
November 1, 2018
From now on, the Library Manager works not only with HALion VST sounds, but also with VST sounds...
November 1, 2018
It's a major, major update to Groove Agent and it's available as of today! Groove Agent 5 brings a...
October 23, 2018
Our latest update to our VST 3 SDK is now freely available from our website. So what does version...
October 17, 2018
We are introducing the HALion Partner Program together with its first member, Cinematique...
October 15, 2018
BOOM! Another maintenance update touches down for your convenience. Cubase 9.5.40 now offers 64-bit...