- Advanced Integration System — totally integrated tactile control of Steinberg’s Cubase range of production systems, maintains complete focus on your production within Cubase
- Ultra-precision Advanced Integration Controller Knob with "point and control" support — controls any visual Cubase parameter, internal FX setting or VSTi parameter using mouse pointer selection
- High quality, 100mm touch sensitive motorized fader: full tactile control of the channel or group volume fader
- Dedicated controls for Cubase channel settings including solo, mute, record arm, automation (read/write), pan, VSTi editor and "e" settings button
- Full Cubase EQ section in hardware: 12 rotary EQ encoders and bypass/mode button
- Full transport section including jog wheel
- User-assignable section — adapt the CC121 to your needs
- Instant plug and play with Cubase-ready LED — no additional setup or parameter assigning required
- Outstanding engineering and component quality including valuable full metal case
- Cross-platform support — compatible with Mac and PC
CC121 features full plug and play with Cubase, requiring no additional setup as a controller device. A swift, one-step installation procedure as a USB device is all that’s required. Once the CC121 has been installed, Cubase detects the device when launched, and automatically binds CC121 into the Cubase production environment. To reflect this, the "Cubase Ready" lamp lights up — CC121 is ready to assume control. Instant plug and play is just one of the advantages of CC121 as a fully integrated controller with Cubase, bonding with Cubase to form one exhilaratingly powerful hardware/software production system.
The CC121 is powered using the USB bus on your computer. This means simply connecting the CC121 to a USB port offers full control over Cubase. When the included AC adaptor is also connected, the precision fader is motorized, accurately displaying the volume level on the selected track.
Fully mirrored functionality
One of the major advantages of the CC121 is the software-hardware-mirroring. In distinction from DAW controllers you’ll find all Cubase controlling functions in hardware exactly mirrored to their software counterpart. You don’t need to learn where you´ve put the functions on your controller. You can work with your Cubase as intuitive as before but with the convenience of a hardware mixer. It´s possible to control all functions with the push of a button. No more necessity for long mouse clicking ways.
AI Knob - Revolutionary Advanced Integration Controller
Perhaps the most innovative area of CC121 is the revolutionary AI Knob, a "point and control" precision controller. Rather than attempting to replace traditional mouse pointing devices, the AI Knob harnesses the flexibility of a computer mouse to offer unprecedented speed when editing parameters and adjusting settings. The computer mouse is simply moved over the parameter, which is then automatically placed under full precision control through the AI Knob, with no need to make any additional settings in Cubase, any additional software module or on the interface itself. The parameter can be locked to the AI Knob to retain control when the mouse is moved elsewhere onscreen.
Dedicated Cubase controls
The unique AI Knob is paired with a range of dedicated, high quality hardware controls over a huge range of Cubase transport, channel and EQ features. High quality controller switches and rotary knobs dedicated to specific functions mean no tedious stepping through parameters for control. Color coding that mirrors the Cubase buttons further supports easy navigation with CC121.
The CC121 is specifically designed for Cubase software, providing tremendous efficiency and speed in your workflow. CC121 offers dedicated control of Cubase channel settings including solo/mute, record arm, automation read/write as well as pan — all highlighted in the same color as the graphic control in Cubase.
One of the most important features on CC121 is the motorized 100mm touch-sensitive fader. This top-quality component has an absolutely first-class feel normally only found on hardware mixing consoles costing many times more This fader gives precision tactile control over volume settings for the selected track or group.
Another advantage of the very tight integration with Cubase comes in the form of the dedicated buttons to open both the VST Channel Settings and selected VST Instrument Track for detailed editing using the AI Knob and mouse.
The transport section of Cubase can be controlled directly from the CC121, with a compact and easy-to-use transport section that mirrors the Cubase transport bar.
A unique feature of CC121 is the advanced Cubase Channel EQ in hardware form. Twelve dedicated rotary encoders offer precision control of the Cubase Channel EQ. Q-factor, Frequency and Gain all have their own rotary encoder for each band. Additional buttons provide control of the bypass switch for the EQ in the selected track, as well as selection of the EQ type. As with all the dedicated controls, the EQ section on the CC121 has been engineered to offer the best possible controller integration into the Cubase production environment, speeding up workflow and boosting creativity.
The four Function buttons on the front panel can control various parameters of Cubase by assigning the desired parameter to each of these buttons. This may, for example, be zoom settings for the selected track. Also included are templates which automatically assign these controls for you, for example to the Cubase Control Room.
New and enhanced features with firmware update version 1.5
- “Point and control” of VST2 plug-in parameters supporting use of mouse wheel
- New Quick Control mode for assigning further Cubase and plug-in parameters to the twelve encoders and four buttons of the EQ section
- Enhanced resolution of rotary EQ encoders
- Access channel and automation folders with ease — straight from the console using the Channel Select buttons
Press Reviews for CC121
Recording (US) August 2010
"... it is gratifying to have instant hands-on eq tweakability, just like on a traditional console."
"The CC121 brings control of Cubase to a whole new level; it has just the right balance of user programmability..."
New and enhanced features with firmware update version 1.6
* All features from the 1.5 update included
- EQ gain inverse function allows to invert the gain of individual EQ bands or the entire EQ gain curve
- A new scrubbing mode was added to the Jog/Shuttle function
- Enhanced function switching for fast and convenient access to parameters
New and enhanced features with firmware update version 1.7 (Mac only)
- Full 64-bit compatibility on Mac OS X