Professional mixing in Cubase
Cubase provides a complete mixing environment that not only equips you to produce stunning mixes in stereo or surround, but allows you to tailor your mixing workflow to suit your own personal artistic and creative vision. MixConsole is dedicated to professionals working regularly with the mixer.
Stellar mixing with MixConsole
Cubase's MixConsole excels not only in terms of usability, look and feel, but also sounds better than anything before it — it’s in the mix! Here are some of the features that let you cut down on mixing time and zero in on getting creative.
- 32-bit floating-point mixing engine with 128 physical inputs and outputs, 8 inserts per channel, 64 FX sends, 256 groups/busses and unlimited routing between audio channels, busses, groups and FX
- Entirely scalable and dedicated full-screen mode
- View Sets and Channel Zones for utmost flexibility
- VCA faders for complex mixing and automation workflows
- Control Link groups and Quick Link system for channel parameters
- Customizable track icons and track notepad
- Drag-and-drop support throughout the mixer
- Direct routing with one click
- Dynamic inserts and sends provide streamlined overview
- A/B comparison and global bypass of all audio effects
- Wave Meters: upcoming audio events are displayed with the respective waveforms
- Plug-in & channel search function
- Full Control Room integration, including talkback and four different cue mixes
- Optimized for mouse-free operation: virtually all channel elements are accessible by blind reader software & through the computer keyboard
Ever wanted to compare different mixes with just one mouse click? The MixConsole History tracks all changes made in the MixConsole and easily lets you choose several stages of your mixing process just by selecting them from a list. This means you’ll be getting your basic mixer undo/redo, but it also allows you to experiment freely with which mix suits your project best.
High-end channel strip for every channel
Integrated into each single Cubase channel and carefully crafted in close collaboration with seasoned mixing engineers, the channel strip modules offer that epic pro-console sound that lets you turn your songs into a hard-hitting, radio-ready production.
- Epic pro-studio sound built right into every channel
- High and low-pass filters plus 4-band StudioEQ with spectrum analyzer, noise gate and 3 compressors
- Enveloper Shaper fully controls attack and release
- High-end channel strip for every channel modules
- Includes over 300 presets by US producer Allen Morgan
Workflow for professionals
Track visibility management
Cubase offers a track visibility management feature that greatly expedites working with huge projects by dynamically displaying only the tracks you actually want to see. Various View Agents help you by instantly bringing the right tracks into focus; this powerful feature will help you maintain a full overview of your project at all times.
Import tracks from projects
Pull in tracks from other projects on the fly in seconds! You’ve spent ages tweaking that little synthetic kick drum sound into an earth - shattering boom, or meticulously building a monumental wall of guitar. Now you want to bring that into your current song — and it’s so easy and quick in Cubase 8.5. Import the entire track with all its settings and content, either as new tracks or replacing existing tracks with the same name. And Cubase will even create new TrackVersions automatically when replacing existing tracks, allowing you to change back to the original track layout with one single click!
Remote control support throughout
The Remote Control Editor lets you visually customize the parameter layout of individual effects and instruments on your control surface. It supports many different controllers right out of the box. As simple as it sounds — just select a hardware knob or button and chose which parameter to control.
Plus, with the intuitive Quick Controls you get a set of eight user-definable realtime controllers that can be assigned to any parameter on the current track.
Needless to say, Cubase can be fully controlled via the elegant and technological thought-after surface of the Nuage controller hardware.
Cubase puts extensive surround capabilities at your command. All included VST 3 audio effects are fully surround-ready, intelligently adapting their I/O configuration as required for mono, stereo or surround. With its complete multi-channel audio signal path from input to output and the ability to export to the MP3 surround format for convenient delivery and distribution, Cubase offers a consistent end to end surround workflow.
Cubase provides a dedicated automation panel for quick access to all automation functions. The enhanced transparency and flexibility gives professionals the capability to set up a complete automation within minutes and control the session clearly. Smart scaling tools offer a highly intuitive user experience when working with automation data, including simultaneous editing of several events and an dramatically streamlined look-and-feel.
Total export — to almost any audio file type
Cubase supports almost all standard formats, including AIFF, Sound Designer II, Wave, Wave 64, Broadcast Wave, MP3 and MP3 surround and Windows Media Audio Pro. Plus, the Channel Batch Export feature allows the export of a multiple selection of mixer channels to audio files. Channel Batch Export is also an ideal way to free up system resources — with all files and VSTi tracks exported to audio tracks.