Using a Retina Display Mac computer with Steinberg Software
Over the last couple of years, Apple has released several Mac computers with a Retina display which offer a much higher display resolution (up to 5120 x 2880) than what was previously available.
Any application that is supposed to support the native resolution of the new displays needs to be adapted accordingly. Our programs are currently not able to support the resolution but this is considered for upcoming releases.
If you intend to use Steinberg software on a Retina display, it can happen that the graphical user interface (GUI) cannot be operated properly and it might not even be possible to select certain elements at all.
- Quit the application if it is currently open
- In the Finder, choose "Applications" from the "Go menu"
- In the applications folder, select the application's icon and press Command+I to open the information window
- Check "Open in Low Resolution" to enable the low resolution mode.
- Close the window and double click the application to reopen it.
Now, it should be possible to operate the application properly again.