Search found 7 matches

Return

Improvement for "save when closing"

This is something that isn't a big thing, but I often wish, Cubase wouldn't request saving just because the playback position has changed.

More often than not I just listen through a few project files without making any changes.

Maybe an option to turn on / off would be great, so people who want to save their latest playback position are not alienated (and I totally understand why someone would want to save in that case, too).
by SqueekSqueek
Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HALion 6 and HALion Sonic 3

@Matthias: Thank you for your answer. Good news that Steinberg is offering a free version of Halion Sonic, so that anyone can play the instruments. For future releases of Cubase, maybe Steinberg can migrate the Macro Interface Designer part of Halion 6 and make it available for the External MIDI VST Designer in Cubase.

+1

...and scripting as well? :-D
by SqueekSqueek
Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Loving H6

I agree.

With a few more 3rd party content libraries and FM in a future update, Halion could easily replace most of my other VSTis.

I can see the day when all I use is Halion, Largo, Diva, Geist2 and BFD.
by SqueekSqueek
Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Loving H6

It's a great update - a great tool and tight cubase drag and drop integration is always a win.

I can make a track just with it alone

Totally.

My "not in folder, but in root"-list of VSTis (plugin manager) has become a lot shorter since February, 9th.

Oh, before I forget...

I used to use FM8 in the past for FM synthesis, but since I hardly ever used more than 3 operators, Largo does the job for me for years now. If you ask me, if there will ever be FM in Halion (which I hope), I think it should also include the synth oscillators which we have now. I can do all kinds of dynamic slap basses and pads with 3 operators, don't need that much.

@Matthias (I hope you read that :D )

The wavetable functionality in Halion 6 is amazing. I always wanted resynthesis and spectral waveform design. :geek:
by SqueekSqueek
Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Drum maps...

In Cubase 9 there is the great function to retrieve the drum map from the VSTi.

Can you please add drum map provisioning to Halion as well?
by SqueekSqueek
Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clicks and cracks in audio with multicore option off

Holger Steinbrink says in his HALion-Tutorial:
if using HALion in Cubase, set the Multi-core to "off" because Cubase will handle this for you

what´s right now?

Both are right.

It works like this: when using Halion as a multitimbral synthesizer, you will probably be better off with Multicore on.

But if, as recommended, using one instance of Halion per timbre, you are better off with Multicore off - because the thread scheduling can then be done by Cubase, which has far more information about the system state than one instance of a VSTi.

At least this is how I understand things (and I'm a software developer in my daytime job as well).
by SqueekSqueek
Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FM Synthesis Module

DX7 compatibility is not required for me (in fact I'd consider that an obstacle when it comes to possible functionality and creative options, because the DX7 model of FM synthesis was very limited by todays standards and I don't like to be held back by over 30 year old concepts), but I'd LOVE to see modern FM synthesis in Halion.
by SqueekSqueek
Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic