Midi Controller Not Giving Full Dynamics

Hi all,

I’m using a Korg M1 as a MIDI controller and, in this instance Native Instruments Komplete 10 Ultimate.

When I use the mouse to trigger a sound, e.g. a snare drum, I get the loudest sample played back… but when I use the Korg M1 keyboard to trigger the drums It becomes impossible to achieve that level of dynamics.

Any suggestions/ solutions welcome.

Cheers

Dave

Hi There,

I don’t have an M1 but do have an N1 and in the Global parameter section you can adjust the velocity curve of the keyboard so see if you can globally adjust the velocity curve of your keyboard which will resolve your issue?

If you can’t adjust the velocity curve a slightly painful workaround would be to adjust the velocity compression under the Midi Modifiers tab in the Inspector! The default is 1/1 but if you change it to 2/1 or even higher you will notice the velocity curve change for the better.

The reason I said it’s a slightly painful workaround is because you will have to adjust it for every track you use drums on! :frowning:

Anyways, I hope this helps?

Kind regards

James Colah

http://www.twitter.com/jamescolah

Thanks James.

I’ve noticed that it affects all the instruments I use.

I’ll give it a try as it really does make me play differently… and causes much frustration !!

Cheers

Dave

Also… it’s just occurred to me that you’d know, or would have known drummer Graham “fatty” Ward and Mary “Maggot” Watts. Small world !

OMG Musicmanxxxxx :open_mouth:

You know Graham Ward was the drummer in my band with my identical triplet brothers and Mary went out with one of my brothers?

I was just thinking about Graham the other day and was hoping he was still alive!

We need to talk privately or add me on Facebook.

http://www.twitter.com/jamescolah

Hi James

Re, Graham and Mary… that’s why I mentioned them!

I’ve followed you on twitter which is where I spend most of my time. Rarely use Facebook now. I’ll drop you a line there.

Cheers

Dave