if you compare with other plugins in the same divison. Im mean
for the price of 711 Euro for the bundle for the EQ and the
compressor I can buy Waves Platinum Native Bundle for 769 Euro
witch is a collection of more than 30 plugins. Or I can
buy all of the Abbey Road Plugins for $620 where they also now
have 50% off for a limited time.

http://www.waves.com/content.aspx?id=176

So,if I going to spend that money for plugins Ive got more out of
the box if I choose Waves or Abbey Road. I also get the RTAS included.

So my question is if its really worth it ? And why no RTAS ?

Hello,

I would recommend you to try the plug-ins. Surely you can buy other stuff that is cheaper. But it depends on the viewpoint. Some people are “collecting” plug-ins, having dozens of them, changing them week by week. Others rely on very few plug-ins, which do the things they’re designed for, pretty well. They work with these plug-ins day by day and won’t use other EQs/Comps, as they want to develop a specific sound over the time. The RND Portico plug-ins are more made for these kind of use cases.

Thanks,
Timo

Timo, I would like to use Portico plugin as my standard arsenal BUT with hardware knobs. I own the CC121. Can i dream of them working together?. Otherwise i will sell my cc121. Want to use the EQ with pro plug.

Amen to that!! I have them and I’m glad I have them!

The SSL are also up there $$ but these are VCM BABY!

I would have loved to see a Portico 50XX Channel Strip version of this… Load it once on each insert… oh yeah!

I have the RND Portico and CC121 and the AI knob works with the plug ins…

Hi GIRO, never say never :wink:
Thanks for being interested in the RND Porticos!

Thanks,
Timo

Answer is simple - yes, they really are worth it.
RTAS? now you know how we feel when we see so much RTAS/TDM only stuff for PT. :smiley:

My idea of ‘worth it’ involves both functionality and subjective quality, something I believe we all do when assessing any equipment/software.

I downloaded the trial version and set out to compare apples with apples - in this case the stock std Cubase EQ and UAD’s Cambridge.

1)Portico : no low/hi pass cut-off filters (especially weak compared to Cambridge)
2)Portico : unable to invert band-pass filters .i.e less flexible (possible on both Cambridge & Cubase Eq)
3)Portico : no slope control on high pass/low pass (compared to Cambridge)
3) Portico : graphic interaction showing effect of individual bands is really useful and powerful

The audio effect of the filters is probably what everyone would be interested in - to this end I thought a spectrum analysis would make for better discussion, than “it sounds great”…