Do not know if you have tried these new plug-in from Mr.Neve

All topics on the Yamaha Vintage and RND Portico Plug-ins
SixStringStudio

Do not know if you have tried these new plug-in from Mr.Neve

Post by SixStringStudio » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:36 pm

Do not know if you have tried these new plug-in from Mr. Rupert Neve himself, if not then they're incredibly good. I have UAD + Liquid Mix and I can easily say that they are the best I ever heard in the plug-in road! :D

No I'm not working for Steinberg, Yamaha or Rupert himself, Just a sound engineer from Sweden with over 30 years in the business, yes that old to remember the analog world!

I know it costs a lot of money but if you think about what you get for your money then you'll understand what I mean, almost as good as the original, and I mean incredibly close!

The EQ is like, fat. Shimmering and warm and without that bad "let's make the whole sound change because of some high freq or low end boost", you keep what you have plus or minus of your liking! And what a fat sitting duck, just looooove the fixed base around 60Hz, it's like a basketball ball in the face......

The compressor requires some challenges, but after a while you get the incredible sound that clearly lets your mix fit together like a dream and fast. Metal, pop, country and so on ... perfect match! It's fat, or sums up your bus, you will love it... I do that's for sure!

It's free to try it yourself, hate it or love it it's up to you! ;)

Me, I love it by far :-)
Mikael
Six String Studio
i7950, 24GB RAM, Win7 64 Bit, Cubase 6.0.4, RME PCie AIO, TC Electronic M300, Finalizer, FireWork, Neumann, Neve Portico II, Genelec 1031.

jose7822

Re: Do not know if you have tried these new plug-in from Mr.Neve

Post by jose7822 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:08 pm

Are they CPU friendly?
GIGABYTE X99 Designare EX | Intel Core i7 6800K (OC'ed to 4.2 GHz) | 64GB of Corsair Dominator Platinum (3333 MHz) | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW | Corsair H115i Water Cooler | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 1200 Watt PSU | Windows 10 Pro | Cubase Pro 8.5 64 bit | Studio One v4.1.1 | Lynx Aurora (n) 8TB | UAD 2 Octo | UAD 2 Quad

thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Post by thinkingcap » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:23 pm

jose7822 wrote:Are they CPU friendly?
SixStringStudio wrote:It's free to try it yourself

http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=141
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...

curteye
External Moderator

Post by curteye » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:13 pm

SixStringStudio wrote:hate it or love it it's up to you!
Aloha S,

I have heard them in action with several different styles of music
and I must say that they are right up there with Massenberg or SSL
or Waves stuff.

That being said, IMHO the prices are outrageous
but I guess if you want the best you just have to pay for it.

Oh and enjoy but be mindful with the trial because once you
hear/use this stuff, it is hard to go back.

HTH
{'-'}
If yer gear ain't breakin down, you aint workin' much.

iMac i7 2.8Gz 16GB-10.10x...../C5.5/6.5/7.5/CP8
MBP 3.0Gz......16GB-10.10x.../CP8

On the side of a volcano in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Strophoid
Grand Senior Member

Post by Strophoid » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:17 pm

Which is why I never trial anything I can't afford anyway, why would I make it harder for myself 8-)
Software: Steinberg Cubase Pro 8 64-bit.
Hardware: Intel i5 6600, 16Gb DDR3, Win7 64-bit
Mackie Onyx 1620i - Steinberg Midex 8 - Steinberg CC121.

My humble contributions to what could be considered music.

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:58 pm

emote: jmc places tin foil hat firmly on head ..

Nothing like a first post sales pitch to introduce yourself in a completely unbiased way to the community!

Did you ever see Pulp Fiction?

"That's a good shake! It's not worth $5, but it is a good shake"
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

curteye
External Moderator

Post by curteye » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:21 am

JMCecil wrote:emote: jmc places tin foil hat firmly on head ..

Nothing like a first post sales pitch to introduce yourself in a completely unbiased way to the community!

Did you ever see Pulp Fiction?

"That's a good shake! It's not worth $5, but it is a good shake"
:) :) :) and I fell for it. Ma bad.
{'-'}
If yer gear ain't breakin down, you aint workin' much.

iMac i7 2.8Gz 16GB-10.10x...../C5.5/6.5/7.5/CP8
MBP 3.0Gz......16GB-10.10x.../CP8

On the side of a volcano in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

jose7822

Post by jose7822 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:28 am

thinkingcap wrote:
jose7822 wrote:Are they CPU friendly?
SixStringStudio wrote:It's free to try it yourself

http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=141

Well, thank you! :|

The OP had already stablished that one can try these plugins out for free. Hopefully you don't mind me asking a simple question before trying out a product I don't know anything about, do you? Geez, not everyone is willing to install everything they encounter to their system.
GIGABYTE X99 Designare EX | Intel Core i7 6800K (OC'ed to 4.2 GHz) | 64GB of Corsair Dominator Platinum (3333 MHz) | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW | Corsair H115i Water Cooler | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 1200 Watt PSU | Windows 10 Pro | Cubase Pro 8.5 64 bit | Studio One v4.1.1 | Lynx Aurora (n) 8TB | UAD 2 Octo | UAD 2 Quad

Martin Atkinson

Post by Martin Atkinson » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:31 pm

I tried the demo...... I bought them..... can't live without them now. But I am an old man from the analogue days!

Martin
Nuendo 7. MR816's. RME. Wavelab 7.

thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Post by thinkingcap » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:58 pm

jose7822 wrote:The OP had already stablished that one can try these plugins out for free.
Yes, that´s why I quoted the OP...
SixStrinStudio wrote: Hopefully you don't mind me asking a simple question before trying out a product I don't know anything about, do you?
Of course I don´t..
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...

TimoWildenhain

Post by TimoWildenhain » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:28 pm

SixStringStudio wrote:Do not know if you have tried these new plug-in from Mr. Rupert Neve himself, if not then they're incredibly good. I have UAD + Liquid Mix and I can easily say that they are the best I ever heard in the plug-in road! :D

No I'm not working for Steinberg, Yamaha or Rupert himself, Just a sound engineer from Sweden with over 30 years in the business, yes that old to remember the analog world!

I know it costs a lot of money but if you think about what you get for your money then you'll understand what I mean, almost as good as the original, and I mean incredibly close!

The EQ is like, fat. Shimmering and warm and without that bad "let's make the whole sound change because of some high freq or low end boost", you keep what you have plus or minus of your liking! And what a fat sitting duck, just looooove the fixed base around 60Hz, it's like a basketball ball in the face......

The compressor requires some challenges, but after a while you get the incredible sound that clearly lets your mix fit together like a dream and fast. Metal, pop, country and so on ... perfect match! It's fat, or sums up your bus, you will love it... I do that's for sure!

It's free to try it yourself, hate it or love it it's up to you! ;)

Me, I love it by far :-)
Mikael
Six String Studio
Hi Mikael,

thanks very much for your comments on the Rupert Neve plug-ins. Indeed we've spend many efforts (Neve-Yamaha-Steinberg) to make them sound as they do. That's also the reason why we got very good feedback from the public and in reviews. The VCM technology, which has been constantly improved in the past years, made it possible to exactly reproduce the analog circuits from the hardware originals.

Of course, the development has been extremly expensive (and that's why the plug-ins are not cheap) but as you wrote, it definitely pays off.

Thanks again and have fun with the RND's! :-)
Timo
Timo Wildenhain - Head of Business Unit
Professional Audio Unit
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and MySpace!

Return to “Yamaha Vintage and Rupert Neve Designs Portico Plug-Ins”