Stomp Pack

All topics on the Yamaha Vintage and RND Portico Plug-ins
JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Stomp Pack

Post by JMCecil » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:44 pm

So far, I find the phasers to be just phasers, no better or worse than all the others that run from freeware to expensive, including the built in Cubase phaser. So far these are JAP (Just another phaser(s)). Really trying to find something that makes them stand out.

But, the Flanger has really caught my attention. It is kick butt. I have an external ChoralFlange that I use because of the amazing thickness and clarity it provides, without degrading the source. This plug is an equal. UA has just released a DBX unit that is also much better than the current crop of this type of effect. I'll probably spring for the pack for the Flanger alone.

No comment on the wah yet.
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

TimoWildenhain

Re: Stomp Pack

Post by TimoWildenhain » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:50 pm

JMCecil wrote:So far, I find the phasers to be just phasers, no better or worse than all the others that run from freeware to expensive, including the built in Cubase phaser. So far these are JAP (Just another phaser(s)). Really trying to find something that makes them stand out.

But, the Flanger has really caught my attention. It is kick butt. I have an external ChoralFlange that I use because of the amazing thickness and clarity it provides, without degrading the source. This plug is an equal. UA has just released a DBX unit that is also much better than the current crop of this type of effect. I'll probably spring for the pack for the Flanger alone.

No comment on the wah yet.
Thanks for your comment! Of course it is always a matter of taste and depends on the material you use. For example, you can hear the flanger sounds in the campaign teaser on the Yamaha Vintage Plug-In Collection product website very well.

Have fun!
Timo
Timo Wildenhain - Head of Business Unit
Professional Audio Unit
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and MySpace!

mroekalea

Post by mroekalea » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:36 pm

I do think the stompboxes are OK, it gives for sure a vintage sound if your after that!
Works good on rythmic guitars and keys.
Menoj

If nothing goes right, go left!

Win10, 3930K@3.2Ghz, 32GB, 2 x DELL u2713hm monitors (5120 x 1440), monitoring: ADAM P22A with SUB8, Audient ID14 & Behringer XR18 & Focusrite safire pro 26IO, Cubase 9.5 pro & artist 8.5, wavelab 9.5 elements, HSO, RND Portico 5033, CC121, Cubase IC pro, Halion 6, GA4, VG2, Arturia Analog Lab, TRacks CS grand + all custom elements, BFD3, Amplitube 3&4 (fender, orange, SVX collections, slash), Z3TA+2, HSO library, many Waves plugs, Plugin Alliance plugins (BX, SPL, Maag & Elysia), NI Komplete 11 Ultimate, AIR instrument expansion pack v3, Melodyne Studio v4, Soundtoys 5, Lexicon native PCM reverb bundle, UJAM Virtual Guitarist complete bundle, SoniVox Premium collection, Ezkeys upright & Vintage Fender Jazz basses, Fender Bassman 100, Markbass TTE500 , FMC Neo 2128 cab

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:16 am

You know I like the Flanger, but it's really disappointing that all of the plugs don't show off all of the VST 3 capabilities. Where is the side chain on the modulation plugs? Where is the Input/Output control. Where is the A/B. Where are the audio re-routing options?

I know these are "vintage", but you can have the "vintage" capability with all of the other stuff added. If you guys aren't going to take VST 3 seriously, why should anyone else?
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

Return to “Yamaha Vintage and Rupert Neve Designs Portico Plug-Ins”