Register a steinberg licence ?

Well, it’s embarassing but i’m searching for a way to get my activation code with the licence number Jrr shop just sent me. And that’s freaky complicated, or i’m freaky dumb, because i’m searching now for more than 30 minutes, in vain. Any help appreciated :mrgreen: !

Here is what I did…

Insert your USB key, load up the latest version of eLC, then hit the “Enter Activation Code” button.
Enter the Code from JRR here.
Download your license.
Run the plugins.

After all that, I couldn’t find the installers on the Steinberg site. Just the trials and the updates.
Thought I would get a link from Steinberg but no.
So I downloaded the trial version again, installed that and then updated to the latest versions.
Not sure if that was the correct way to go about it but it worked.

Anyone from Steinberg wanna answer that…?
Shouldn’t there be links provided when you purchase new software?

Thanks, rotund ! I finally sorted this out : this was a typo in the serial/activation code i received. Everything is ok now and it wasn’t steinberg’s culprit. By the way, i did not received any dowload links from steinberg, but my trial, already installed on my computer, was converted in a full licence and everything works fine. So i suppose you just have to download the trial, install, buy the licence and it’s ok.

“Thanks, rotund ! I finally sorted this out : this was a typo in the serial/activation code i received. Everything is ok now and it wasn’t steinberg’s culprit. By the way, i did not received any dowload links from steinberg, but my trial, already installed on my computer, was converted in a full licence and everything works fine. So i suppose you just have to download the trial, install, buy the licence and it’s ok.”

Good to hear you got it sorted.
I actually filled out a support ticket about the missing download links…
Received a link to download a Portico ISO file.
Now I have the proper installers on my own disc safe and sound.
Not crazy about the extra steps involved but oh well.

This has prompted me to gather all my Steinberg installers and put them into a secure, easy to access place.
Thought I could download again if needed but that seems like more headache then I want.