Cubase crashes when editing Open Desk parameter values

I am using Cubase 7.0.5. In the Open Desk user Interface, when I double-click into any of the parameter’s numeric fields in order to Keyboard-edit a value, Cubase instantly crashes with a message from Windows saying “Cubase doesn’t function anymore”.

regards, Mikael

I have the same problem. It happens very frequently (also with vintage compressors and EQ) If I adjust knobs with mouse, everything is stable.

yes it happens to me as well with the compressors and also with the EQ. Kind of annyoing. I keep forgetting about it and then being instantly reminded…

Can you, guys, please log it as a bug to tech support? i can’t do that because it’s not allowed for my country.

Hi guys,

it got already entered into our bug tracking system, but we have the problem that we can’t reproduce what you are claiming, so we would be grateful if you could supply more information such as:

• Exact version and build numbers of Cubase and the Open Deck
  • Are you running 64 or 32 bit, are you using a Bit Bridge (32 bit on 64bit)?
  • Are you using the VST2 or VST3 version of the plug or is it happening on both?
  • Is it happening only under special condition or immediately? If you just start Cubase, create a new project with one audio track, then insert the plug-in, open the editor and start editing parameters, does it happen immediately?

Cheers,
Ulf

Hello Ulf,

now, after updating to Cubase 7.0.6, I cannot reproduce the problem anymore.

My Trial of Open Desk expired, but I now own the compressors and the EQ of the Yamaha Vintage Collection. With these Plug-Ins, I did experience the crashes consistently as soon as I would try to edit any Parameter. Now, no crashes anymore.

I am running Cubase 64 bit version, and I am using the 64 bit VST3 version of the plug-ins.

Regards, Mikael