Portico Plug-Ins don't work on Retina/Yosemite anymore!!!

All topics on the Yamaha Vintage and RND Portico Plug-ins
Post Reply
moogvoyager
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:12 pm
Contact:

Portico Plug-Ins don't work on Retina/Yosemite anymore!!!

Post by moogvoyager » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:31 pm

Neither the compressor nor the EQ is working properly on Mac OS X Yosemite (Retina). Can't use them in Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 9 as well as Presonus Studio One. The plugins show up but the GUI isn't usable, it doesn't react at all. However I can sometimes control the parameters via automation (depends on the DAW), but this is certainly no acceptable workaround for plugins this price.

Can somebody (Timo?) tell me when this is going to be fixed?

Please don't let us customers down!
Keine Macht der Signatur!

nick galea
Junior Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Portico Plug-Ins don't work on Retina/Yosemite anymore!!

Post by nick galea » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:30 pm

I just bought this. I hope it works!
10.10.5 Yosemite
Hakinthosh 4790k
Processor 4.4ghz
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 ECC
onboard graphics
2 x Samsung840 1tb Ssd Drives
Uad apollo twin
Uad Satellite Quad,Fabfilter Bundle, Native Instruments komplete 10. BxDigital. Slate Digital

markcsg
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Portico Plug-Ins don't work on Retina/Yosemite anymore!!

Post by markcsg » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:23 pm

I have submitted a support request, asking for information on when / if this will be resolved.
There has been no information on compatibility for the RND Portico plugins over the past two months.

markcsg
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Portico Plug-Ins don't work on Retina/Yosemite anymore!!

Post by markcsg » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:45 am

I spoke to Steinberg support this morning. The support guy was helpful, but did not have any new information. He did clarify that since the plugins are listed on the compatibility page (https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support ... emite.html), then there is an intention to fix the issues eventually.

He did promise to check with the developers to see if there was any new information and especially to ask if they anticipate any problems.

He also confirmed that they have prioritised their development effort towards the more mainstream products, which is understandable, given the scale of the difficulties they have faced with Yosemite compatibility.

I asked if they could make these points a little more clear for users on the Knowledgebase page - it may be obvious to them, but not obvious to us, waiting to hear what's happening.

bilekt3
Junior Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:44 am
Contact:

Re: Portico Plug-Ins don't work on Retina/Yosemite anymore!!

Post by bilekt3 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:06 pm

If you are on mac simply open archive and copy AU/VST plugin manually. It worked for me on 10.10
Tomas Bilek | Solution Architect, Functional Developer (Clojure, F#) | Prague, Czech Republic

MacBook Pro 15', Nuendo 7.X+NEK, Absolute Collection 2, Fab Filter Plugins, RND Portico Bundle, Softube Tube-Tech Classic Channel, 2CAudio Reverbs

neilwilkes
Senior Member
Posts: 1079
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:55 am
Contact:

Re: Portico Plug-Ins don't work on Retina/Yosemite anymore!!

Post by neilwilkes » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:21 pm

moogvoyager wrote:Neither the compressor nor the EQ is working properly on Mac OS X Yosemite (Retina). Can't use them in Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 9 as well as Presonus Studio One. The plugins show up but the GUI isn't usable, it doesn't react at all. However I can sometimes control the parameters via automation (depends on the DAW), but this is certainly no acceptable workaround for plugins this price.

Can somebody (Timo?) tell me when this is going to be fixed?

Please don't let us customers down!
How come whenever Microsoft change an OS and break things it is their fault, yet when Apple do it on almost every OS release it's always the plugin developers fault?
www.opusproductions.com
Intel E5-2687W 8-core Xeon, 32Gb RAM, Windows 7 Pro x64, RME RayDAT, UAD-2 Octo x2 & Quad x2 (fully loaded), Adam A7 x5, WK ID Console
Nuendo 1-6, Cubase 6-7, WaveLab 5-7, DTS/DD encoders, Surround Edition etc, Waves Mercury
Blu-Ray authoring, DVD authoring & high resolution audio specialists.

Detailed Specs on request

Dave
Junior Member
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Portico Plug-Ins don't work on Retina/Yosemite anymore!!

Post by Dave » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:21 am

Just installed Logic Pro X and Final Cut Pro under Yosemite 10.10.3 and find that the Portico Plugins are rejected.

From looking around the various pieces of information I can find on the Steinberg.net and this forum there appears two possible work arounds

1: Open a dmg archive and copy files to their location manually.
Can anyone clarify exactly what I have to do as when I open the dmg archive I see several files and not being familiar with the Mac OS its not clear to me what I would have to copy or to where?

2: Try and reinstall using the Steinberg App Installer under Yosemite
Has anyone tried this? Does it work?

Any help would be appreciated. Didn't expect this problem on the upgrade given the cost of these plugins.

Cheers
David
Cubase 9.5 Pro, CC121, MR816CSX x2, Lynx Aurora 8 and 16 LT-Thunberbolt, Mac Pro OSX 10.13.3 (High Sierra) (Also 2 windows PC's 32bit and 64bit not often used)
Wavelab 9.5, Groove Agent 4, HSO, Halion 6, Grand 3, Halion Sonic 3, Cubasis for iPad, ICPro other plugins such as Virtual Guitar 2 and Virtual Bassist via 32lives.

External Outboard Pres and FX hardware via Analog and AES digital connections.

Keep smiling its later than you think.

Dave
Junior Member
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Portico Plug-Ins don't work on Retina/Yosemite anymore!!

Post by Dave » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:00 pm

Tried the reinstall option.

This does not fix the underlying problem software which uses AU plugs instead VSTs . From the error messages it appears to be related to the lack of identification under the apple security system to do with app signing. The message it gives me when trying open Final Cut or Logic Pro X says I have a trial version of Portico and prompts me to buy the plugins again (which I already have done) from the Steinberg shop.

Looks like an issue with app licensing as Steinberg opt to sell direct and not the through the app store therefore presumably saving themselves the fees apple wish to charge software developers. So Apple make it difficult to try to force their revenues up by using their app signing coding which they argue are "security features to keep mac users safe" So can this be bypassed so the AU plugs are properly installed and identified in the software which uses them.

Its frustrating that customers of these expensive product get caught in the middle of a corporate war and suffer despite having paid good money for the products. Perhaps all Portico users need to get together and organise a class action law suit to get the product functionality that was promised.

Yes we can send our complaints to Steinberg as that where we bought our product but it appears someone has already raised this and they do not seem to be giving any priority to a fix. It may be a premium product from the consumer view, but its clearly small change to them. So all users lose the use of something which should work with all audio DAWs given its mean't to be an AU plug as well as a VST one.

This is the second problem like this on these plug ins. The first documented in this forum and raised with support relating to the GUI and mouse focus, is it any wonder that you think twice before investing your money again.

Come on Steinberg allocate this to someone to chase the fix so it works as an AU plugin.

This is everything that is wrong in the digital world with software.

Frustrated
David
Cubase 9.5 Pro, CC121, MR816CSX x2, Lynx Aurora 8 and 16 LT-Thunberbolt, Mac Pro OSX 10.13.3 (High Sierra) (Also 2 windows PC's 32bit and 64bit not often used)
Wavelab 9.5, Groove Agent 4, HSO, Halion 6, Grand 3, Halion Sonic 3, Cubasis for iPad, ICPro other plugins such as Virtual Guitar 2 and Virtual Bassist via 32lives.

External Outboard Pres and FX hardware via Analog and AES digital connections.

Keep smiling its later than you think.

neilwilkes
Senior Member
Posts: 1079
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:55 am
Contact:

Re: Portico Plug-Ins don't work on Retina/Yosemite anymore!!

Post by neilwilkes » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:38 pm

Dave wrote:Tried the reinstall option.

This does not fix the underlying problem software which uses AU plugs instead VSTs . From the error messages it appears to be related to the lack of identification under the apple security system to do with app signing. The message it gives me when trying open Final Cut or Logic Pro X says I have a trial version of Portico and prompts me to buy the plugins again (which I already have done) from the Steinberg shop.

Looks like an issue with app licensing as Steinberg opt to sell direct and not the through the app store therefore presumably saving themselves the fees apple wish to charge software developers. So Apple make it difficult to try to force their revenues up by using their app signing coding which they argue are "security features to keep mac users safe" So can this be bypassed so the AU plugs are properly installed and identified in the software which uses them.

Its frustrating that customers of these expensive product get caught in the middle of a corporate war and suffer despite having paid good money for the products. Perhaps all Portico users need to get together and organise a class action law suit to get the product functionality that was promised.

Yes we can send our complaints to Steinberg as that where we bought our product but it appears someone has already raised this and they do not seem to be giving any priority to a fix. It may be a premium product from the consumer view, but its clearly small change to them. So all users lose the use of something which should work with all audio DAWs given its mean't to be an AU plug as well as a VST one.

This is the second problem like this on these plug ins. The first documented in this forum and raised with support relating to the GUI and mouse focus, is it any wonder that you think twice before investing your money again.

Come on Steinberg allocate this to someone to chase the fix so it works as an AU plugin.

This is everything that is wrong in the digital world with software.

Frustrated
David
Why organize a class action suit against Steinberg - after all, it is the Apple OS update that has killed the plugs, not anything Steinberg/Yamaha have done & this is an all too common issue with Apple OS as every single time they "update" their OS, things fall apart and not just from Steinberg either. We have heard this so often from Mac OS/Logic/ProTools users as well, where an IOS update kills off either Logic or ProTools compatibility and they have to spend several days getting everything working again and nobody ever seems to point the finger where it should be pointed - Apple's aggressive business models that would certainly end up in court of Microsoft tried it on.

You say that "we can send our complaints to Steinberg as that where we bought our product" yet it seems to me that the product causing the problem here is the Apple OS and their insistence that you constantly "upgrade" it every few months to yet another rewrite of OS-X. Try writing to Apple and threatening them with a class action suit instead, perhaps, and see what kind of a reply you get back as after all, it is their code causing the problems
www.opusproductions.com
Intel E5-2687W 8-core Xeon, 32Gb RAM, Windows 7 Pro x64, RME RayDAT, UAD-2 Octo x2 & Quad x2 (fully loaded), Adam A7 x5, WK ID Console
Nuendo 1-6, Cubase 6-7, WaveLab 5-7, DTS/DD encoders, Surround Edition etc, Waves Mercury
Blu-Ray authoring, DVD authoring & high resolution audio specialists.

Detailed Specs on request

TimoWildenhain
Moderator
Posts: 954
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:51 am
Contact:

Re: Portico Plug-Ins don't work on Retina/Yosemite anymore!!

Post by TimoWildenhain » Tue May 19, 2015 10:35 am

Hello,

first of all, the RND plug-ins currently available online are NOT YET Mac OS 10.10 compatible, the official specs
don't state something different.

In fact, due to the changes incorporated in the 10.10 update, we needed to spend some time to make our products compatible. The good news is that we already have a working RND beta for Mac OS 10.10. However, the Retina display compatibility is not yet given, but we are currently working on a solution and expect to see a fully tested version (Mac OS X 10.10 & Retina display compatibility) in early Q3.

Thanks,
Timo
Timo Wildenhain - Senior Manager
Marketing & Business Development ProAudio
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and MySpace!

bilekt3
Junior Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:44 am
Contact:

Re: Portico Plug-Ins don't work on Retina/Yosemite anymore!!

Post by bilekt3 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:39 am

TimoWildenhain wrote:Hello,

first of all, the RND plug-ins currently available online are NOT YET Mac OS 10.10 compatible, the official specs
don't state something different.

In fact, due to the changes incorporated in the 10.10 update, we needed to spend some time to make our products compatible. The good news is that we already have a working RND beta for Mac OS 10.10. However, the Retina display compatibility is not yet given, but we are currently working on a solution and expect to see a fully tested version (Mac OS X 10.10 & Retina display compatibility) in early Q3.

Thanks,
Timo
Timo, is there any chance to see refreshed GUI and working installers for this amazing plugin?

Thanks for response.

Tomas
Tomas Bilek | Solution Architect, Functional Developer (Clojure, F#) | Prague, Czech Republic

MacBook Pro 15', Nuendo 7.X+NEK, Absolute Collection 2, Fab Filter Plugins, RND Portico Bundle, Softube Tube-Tech Classic Channel, 2CAudio Reverbs

User avatar
Ed Doll
Site Admin
Posts: 954
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 11:18 am
Contact:

Re: Portico Plug-Ins don't work on Retina/Yosemite anymore!!

Post by Ed Doll » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:41 am

The new versions are currently being tested.
Ed Doll, Support Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud and Google+!

bilekt3
Junior Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:44 am
Contact:

Re: Portico Plug-Ins don't work on Retina/Yosemite anymore!!

Post by bilekt3 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:57 pm

Ed Doll wrote:The new versions are currently being tested.
Thanks! This excellent news!
Tomas Bilek | Solution Architect, Functional Developer (Clojure, F#) | Prague, Czech Republic

MacBook Pro 15', Nuendo 7.X+NEK, Absolute Collection 2, Fab Filter Plugins, RND Portico Bundle, Softube Tube-Tech Classic Channel, 2CAudio Reverbs

markdenis123
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:03 am
Contact:

Re: Portico Plug-Ins don't work on Retina/Yosemite anymore!!

Post by markdenis123 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:05 am

Is there an update on when a new version will be released for Mac OS Yosemite? Thanks!

User avatar
Ed Doll
Site Admin
Posts: 954
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 11:18 am
Contact:

Re: Portico Plug-Ins don't work on Retina/Yosemite anymore!!

Post by Ed Doll » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:40 am

Sorry for the silence. I know that this looks bad. We are still working on the update. During the update tests we discovered issues with the compatibility check with Logic and currently a new version is being tested. I expect a release in July now.
Ed Doll, Support Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud and Google+!

bilekt3
Junior Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:44 am
Contact:

Re: Portico Plug-Ins don't work on Retina/Yosemite anymore!!

Post by bilekt3 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:57 pm

Ed Doll wrote:Sorry for the silence. I know that this looks bad. We are still working on the update. During the update tests we discovered issues with the compatibility check with Logic and currently a new version is being tested. I expect a release in July now.
Hello, any news - thanks.
Tomas Bilek | Solution Architect, Functional Developer (Clojure, F#) | Prague, Czech Republic

MacBook Pro 15', Nuendo 7.X+NEK, Absolute Collection 2, Fab Filter Plugins, RND Portico Bundle, Softube Tube-Tech Classic Channel, 2CAudio Reverbs

User avatar
Ed Doll
Site Admin
Posts: 954
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 11:18 am
Contact:

Re: Portico Plug-Ins don't work on Retina/Yosemite anymore!!

Post by Ed Doll » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:12 am

Unfortunately, there has been further delays in completing the update. Now that MacOS Sierra is surfacing we want to make sure that the installer is already Sierra compatible (some new signing methods have to be used for installer files). I cannot give you an exact date for the release at this point. Sorry!
Ed Doll, Support Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud and Google+!

markdenis123
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:03 am
Contact:

Re: Portico Plug-Ins don't work on Retina/Yosemite anymore!!

Post by markdenis123 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:32 am

Is there any update on this?

User avatar
Ed Doll
Site Admin
Posts: 954
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 11:18 am
Contact:

Re: Portico Plug-Ins don't work on Retina/Yosemite anymore!!

Post by Ed Doll » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:48 pm

I hope you still want me to reply. At least I wouldn't trust myself at that point any longer. Sorry (once again) that the update is still not available! However, I kept bugging my colleagues in charge mid of December and the version just needs to be tested. I will let you know asap.
Ed Doll, Support Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud and Google+!

markdenis123
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:03 am
Contact:

Re: Portico Plug-Ins don't work on Retina/Yosemite anymore!!

Post by markdenis123 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:04 pm

Thanks Ed, I am really looking forward to using these plugins again!

User avatar
Ed Doll
Site Admin
Posts: 954
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 11:18 am
Contact:

Re: Portico Plug-Ins don't work on Retina/Yosemite anymore!!

Post by Ed Doll » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:28 am

The update is finally available: https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/do ... rtico.html
Thank you for your patience!
Ed Doll, Support Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud and Google+!

markdenis123
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:03 am
Contact:

Re: Portico Plug-Ins don't work on Retina/Yosemite anymore!!

Post by markdenis123 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:05 am

Thanks Ed, did a quick test and these seem to work fine on my Mac with OS Sierra! :)

User avatar
Ed Doll
Site Admin
Posts: 954
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 11:18 am
Contact:

Re: Portico Plug-Ins don't work on Retina/Yosemite anymore!!

Post by Ed Doll » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:36 am

Good to know! Finally! :)
Ed Doll, Support Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud and Google+!

User avatar
Mauri
Senior Member
Posts: 1039
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:17 am
Location: Adelaide AU
Contact:

Re: Portico Plug-Ins don't work on Retina/Yosemite anymore!!

Post by Mauri » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:14 pm

Has this issue been looked into: viewtopic.php?f=141&t=109408

And, has it been recognized as an issue or a 'bug'?

Thanks,

Mauri.
Cubase Pro 9.5 x64 with jBridge | WaveLab Elements 9.5 | W10 x64 Dual Boot on 2 SSDs plus 3 SSDs for samples and project/audio files | Fractal Design Define R5 case | i7 5930K @ 4.4GHz (stable) | Noctua NH-D15 | ASUS X99 Pro | 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws RAM | ASUS GeForce GT 730 2GB silent | Vox ToneLab SE | Mackie HR624 MKII | 2 x UAD2 Solo PCIe | RME HDSPe AIO | 2 x 24" LED monitors...

Post Reply

Return to “Yamaha Vintage and Rupert Neve Designs Portico Plug-Ins”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests