Want to upgrade from Wavelab 2 to current one, but Steinberg site didn't recognize serial

For users of legacy Steinberg Wavelab software
Sumantri

Want to upgrade from Wavelab 2 to current one, but Steinberg site didn't recognize serial

Post by Sumantri » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:07 pm

Hello all. Just wondering if anyone can guide me on this. I own a boxed version of Wavelab 2 and want to upgrade to the current one. Did a new user registration at the Steinberg site and it didnt recognize the old serial number. Any info on this will be much appreciated 8-)

bob99

Re: Want to upgrade from Wavelab 2 to current one, but Steinberg site didn't recognize serial

Post by bob99 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:14 pm

Sumantri wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:07 pm
Hello all. Just wondering if anyone can guide me on this. I own a boxed version of Wavelab 2 and want to upgrade to the current one. Did a new user registration at the Steinberg site and it didnt recognize the old serial number. Any info on this will be much appreciated 8-)
There's no upgrade path for Wavelab 2. You need at least Wavelab 7 to get upgrade pricing.
Also, a Wavelab 2 serial number is probably too old to be recognized by the site system.

MrSoundman

Re: Want to upgrade from Wavelab 2 to current one, but Steinberg site didn't recognize serial

Post by MrSoundman » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:38 pm

Sumantri wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:07 pm
Did a new user registration at the Steinberg site
You should try logging a support request in MySteinberg / MySupport, it's worth a shot but I wouldn't hold my breath. That's a really old version! As you're new here, it's worth mentioning that this is a user-to-user forum, although Steinberg staff are sometimes active here (including the great PG himself!). Sales enquiries must be directed to Steinberg themselves.
Windows 10 • Cubase 10.5.0 • WaveLab 10.0.0 • SpectraLayers 6.0.20 • HALion 6.3.1 • Groove Agent 5.0.20 • Midex

Return to “Older Wavelab versions”