Which Cubase version I have to buy to get licence for Cubase SX3

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
zbigiman

Which Cubase version I have to buy to get licence for Cubase SX3

Post by zbigiman » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:34 pm

Hi,
Now there are available 3 versions of Cubase: Pro, Artist or Elements. Which of then will give me a licence for Cubase SX3 also?
The Cubase Artist is the best choice for my needs but I want be sure I'll can install Cubase SX too. I need to open my very old projects made about ten years ago.

Plese help :)

Thanks,
Zbigi

svennilenni

Re: Which Cubase version I have to buy to get licence for Cubase SX3

Post by svennilenni » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:59 am

zbigiman wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:34 pm
Hi,
Now there are available 3 versions of Cubase: Pro, Artist or Elements. Which of then will give me a licence for Cubase SX3 also?
The Cubase Artist is the best choice for my needs but I want be sure I'll can install Cubase SX too. I need to open my very old projects made about ten years ago.

Plese help :)

Thanks,
Zbigi
Cubase Pro.

Sundayforsammy

Post by Sundayforsammy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:01 pm

Why do you want Cubase SX, is it to convert old songs to work in a newer version of Cubase, if so then I am sure SX is a free download to all other Cubase users. correct me if this has changed.
Cubase Pro 9 i7 3630QM Clevo P170EM Laptop PC - 16gb ram - 128 SSD OS hard drive - 1Tb Data Hard Drive - Windows 10 home - Motu 828mk3 Audio Interface - Roland SC880 Midi module - KRK Rockit 3 monitors, Alesis DM6 drum kit and a few guitars and a broken keyboard.

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:07 pm

No, you've always needed a Cubase Pro license to use Cubase SX. The lower tier versions wont work.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

svennilenni

Post by svennilenni » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:40 pm

Sundayforsammy wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:01 pm
Why do you want Cubase SX, is it to convert old songs to work in a newer version of Cubase, if so then I am sure SX is a free download to all other Cubase users. correct me if this has changed.
Yes the download is free - even for non Cubase users. But the answer to the OPs question is the one I posted before.

Return to “Older Cubase versions”