Cubase 7 - Can't open older projects

Hello all,

I recently in the last few months upgraded my computer and as a result had to reinstall Cubase 7 and the such. However, every time I’ve tried to open a project from before upgrading my computer it doesn’t work correctly. It spends time loading and then will usually open a prompt that says “Set Project Folder”. As a result I can’t work on any of my demos from before. Any clue as to what is causing this?

Thanks.

I think i had the same problem recently, when trying to open projects done in 5.5 (32bit), then opening them on my 5.5 64bit.

I have a dual boot XP/Win 10 now.

What i done was opened the older project in 32bit/XP, and re saved the full project in a different location via the File/Save Project option… it might be called “back up project”, sorry i can’t remember exactly the terms, but it’s in the first drop down menu top left.

Projects then opened up ok for me.

You could also try opening the actual Cubase file from file explorer and see if it grabs everything in your old project directory… the extension for the project being *.cpr

I think i also tried setting the “set project folder” inside the old/original project folder, and i think it might have worked also, but may have had to then locate all the files etc that were originally used… not 100% sure.

Setting the project folder to the .cpr location worked! Thank you so much!

Result!

Probably a good time to make a back-up of your projects.

I recently in the last few months upgraded my computer and as a result had to reinstall Cubase 7 and the such. However, every time I’ve tried to open a project from before upgrading my computer it doesn’t work correctly