How to change Latency settings in Cubase 5

Hi there,

I have an m-audiophile 2496 soundcard.

If I want to change the latency of Cubase I would set the soundcard to a certain level, for better playback without stutters at 1024, and then open Cubase and the latency of the soundcard would stay at 1024. Now, though - and I don’t understand why this happens [because it didn’t use to before], it always jumps back to 512 samples when I open Cubase. I’ve tried to see if I can change the latency some other way in the device setup but I cannot find where to do this. I’ve looked in the manual and cannot seem to find it either - but I’ve got the impression from something I’ve just read in the manual, that the settings in the device menu come from the settings of the soundcard, so this is a little confusing because if I set it at 1042 before opening Cubase, it should read the same when I check it again after Cubase is opened - but it’s simply jumped back to 512 again. Maybe I just have to reinstall Cubase and see what happens.

Any advice how to fix this if possible, without having to reinstall it, would be great.

thanks,

Steve

Hi,

The Buffer Size is controlled by the Audio Device driver. Please get in touch with the Audio Device vendor.

Hello Martin,

thank you for your reply. I will have a look at this and see if I can find out more by contacting the manufacturers as you’ve suggested.

best,

Steve :slight_smile: