How does Cubase utilize CPU processing power?

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
thehay95

How does Cubase utilize CPU processing power?

Post by thehay95 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:38 pm

Hi All,

I was hoping to understand deeper what's going on with these images. It would appear that despite the fact that I have multiprocessing ticked in both the Cubase 7.5 and Cubase 8 settings, they are really only using part of my computers processing power. Why would that be?

I don't understand how Cubase utilizes CPU so maybe someone would be so kind as to help me understand better.

I know there are lots of threads right now on how current iterations of Cubase are performing, but I would like to ask a more generalized question about why this condition of the Mac Activity monitor never has the CPU go above 20% usage while the Cubase one is floored.

Cheers and many thanks for any and all input.

Prock

Re: How does Cubase utilize CPU processing power?

Post by Prock » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:41 am

Maybe this general info will help a bit.

viewtopic.php?f=209&t=141259

Regards. 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 9.5.30, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

Return to “Older Cubase versions”