Cubase 6.5 / Cubase Artist 6.5 update available

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
Zouki

Re: Cubase 6.5 / Cubase Artist 6.5 Update available

Post by Zouki » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:27 am

Zouki wrote:
MidiTom wrote:Hello!
Has anyone tried the demo project "Teleporter" to the 6.5to load? After loading it an error message appears "Microsoft C++ Runtime Library - Runtime Error -..../Cubase6.exe"
After it I tried to close the Window with the Task Manager, but it close the window very slowly.
I repeated the download, unzipped again, tried to load it, and got this error again.

I got Asus P7P55D LE, Intel i5 (760), 2X2 G RAM, W7 Home 32 bit, Emu 1212m PCIe, and never encountered problems with Cubase before.

Thanks
MidiTom
Same error here, just updated to C6.5... WinXP SP3, core2 Duo...

Any solutions?

TIA

Zouki
Anyone?

Zouki

Eddie Stealth Studio

Re: Cubase 6.5 / Cubase Artist 6.5 update available

Post by Eddie Stealth Studio » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:39 pm

ok. bought the 6.5 update a few weeks ago but decided to finish a large project before installing. now today i sat down to install. but, my download is corrupted. went to steinberg account and there is no download link to 6.5. (reading small print says it times out after 14 days)...can somebody give me a link? thanks
ed
Stealth Recording Studios, Glasgow UK
0141 554 9244

heliocastro

Post by heliocastro » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:28 pm

Is there any possible way to buy upgrade from Cubase Elements 6 to Cubase Artist online ? Local support mentioned that i should buy the UG3 version, but no local distributor mentioned in Steinberg page even have any version of Cubase at all, as such an upgrade one.

alternate

Post by alternate » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:30 am

Hi,

Got the same error. Cubase is completely crashing on it.
I tried by reinstalling the software and use latest updates but it does not work.
Sometimes (after tryin and trying) I can load the file I am working on, but when I open Halion 4 I can not load the instruments in the rack.
Next time I open errors came again.

The problem occurs after windows update but I am not sure if that is related to this issue.

Regards, Jeroen

djmlj

Post by djmlj » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:30 am

Hi guys, this is my 2nd post here, so here it goes.

I bought Cubase 6 GBES on Thomman Musikhaus on 2012/01/07.

A couple of days (dunno exactly) Steinberg released the 6.5 update.

My question is, do I have to pay for the 6.5 update :?: :!: :shock:

If so, this are sad news, because I could wait few days and bought Cubase 6.5 straight! :(

Please someone reply.

Thanks in advance
ASUS M5A78L-M USB3, AMD FX 6100 Zambezi, 24Gb RAM DDR3 1800 Dual-Channel, Windows 10 64bit, Cubase Pro 8, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Steinberg QC, Steinberg CH, M-AUDIO Axiom 49 (2nd Gen), Korg NanoKontrol 2, Yamaha SY85, Korg i3

Shinta215

Post by Shinta215 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:46 am

djmlj wrote:Please someone reply.
I did:
https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtop ... 37#p154161

Bitmaster

Post by Bitmaster » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:50 am

..."Evolutionary Delivery Process" and is both "finished" and also "never finished."
Actually, it's called BETA TESTING. And we, as musicians, should not be Steinberg's guinea pigs and paying them for it.

Message to Steinberg: Fix it, BEFORE you release it, please.

I won't be upgrading to 6.5... Know why? Because 6.0.x has issues that both Steinberg and Cubase users know about. These issues haven't been fixed.

You can either be a yeasayer and waste your hard earned money on a version that, when you click to adjust your time-stetch parameters in the audio editor, for example, crashes on you, OR, you can tell Steinberg to get their act together and F-I-X IT, which is what I recommend doing. (I understand there are issues with the lanes as well.)

As a professional musician, I find myself spending too much time anchoring my fingers on Command-S, worried about losing hours of creative inspiration, and I'm frankly getting tired of it. (No, auto-save isn't an excuse you can use to bail out the program's frequent crashing.)

But this really takes the cake: To then read a representative from Steinberg tell me that he's doing Cubase users a favour by releasing free updates to them is just insult to injury.

Steinberg - listen up: We shouldn't be paying for updates (no, 6.5 is an update, not an upgrade, as you call it), and these updates should fix issues that WERE NOT PROPERLY ADDRESSED WHEN WE BOUGHT THE SOFTWARE.

Any improvements to the Steinberg VST compressor in this release? The previous one had horrible sidechaining.

One more thing: Releasing your user interface in Mandarin won't guarantee a huge boost in sales. The Chinese community isn't stupid; they won't pay for buggy software either...if that's what you guys were thinking. Ni hao ma!

BTW, I'm not as livid as it seems, but I'm really frustrated that as a musician, who spent hundreds of dollars on Steinberg's software, that I should have to put up with something that won't perform as advertised. It almost makes me want to peek over at the competition.

--Bitmaster

Arjan P

Post by Arjan P » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:06 pm

Bitmaster wrote:I won't be upgrading to 6.5... Know why? Because 6.0.x has issues that both Steinberg and Cubase users know about. These issues haven't been fixed.
Some of these issues supposedly were already in C4 or earlier. So you're still on SX3 then? Have fun!
Bitmaster wrote:You can either be a yeasayer and waste your hard earned money on a version that, when you click to adjust your time-stetch parameters in the audio editor, for example, crashes on you, OR, you can tell Steinberg to get their act together and F-I-X IT, which is what I recommend doing. (I understand there are issues with the lanes as well.)
I prefer getting my own act together and start making music. I have no time-stretch crash, and there is no isssue with lanes. Actually, the lane comping in 6.5 is close to perfect - but you'll never know cause you rather are right and sulk in a corner, apparently.
Bitmaster wrote:no, 6.5 is an update, not an upgrade, as you call it
It is an upgrade because it adds functionality, and 6.0.x has the same fixes that 6.5.x has.
Bitmaster wrote:I'm really frustrated that as a musician, who spent hundreds of dollars on Steinberg's software, that I should have to put up with something that won't perform as advertised.
Get over it and start making music. Or do go the competition and see how they do. Good luck..
--- "If anyone owes it all to Bach, it's God" - Emil Cioran ---
SOFT: (All 64 bit) | WaveLab 9.5.50 | Cubase 10.0 | HALion 6.0 | Win10 Pro - SoundCloud
HARD: i7-950 | Asus P6TD | 30GB | Tascam DM-3200 | DigiMax48 | Midisport 8x8 - SoundByte Studio

Helge Vogt

Post by Helge Vogt » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:46 pm

Hi Bitmaster,
your post sounds really frustrated. If you are unhappy with Cubase, we are offering you a full refund for your Cubase version. Just drop me a line via PM, then send us the the receipt and full Cubase package.

Best regards,
Helge
Bitmaster wrote:
..."Evolutionary Delivery Process" and is both "finished" and also "never finished."
Steinberg - listen up: We shouldn't be paying for updates (no, 6.5 is an update, not an upgrade, as you call it), and these updates should fix issues that WERE NOT PROPERLY ADDRESSED WHEN WE BOUGHT THE SOFTWARE.

BTW, I'm not as livid as it seems, but I'm really frustrated that as a musician, who spent hundreds of dollars on Steinberg's software, that I should have to put up with something that won't perform as advertised. It almost makes me want to peek over at the competition.
--Bitmaster
Helge Vogt - Team Lead Product Marketing Group
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

Return to “Older Cubase versions”