[Issue] Mystic doesn't load correct sound in Cubase 6.06

…which means Steinberg needs to be bumped much more frequently to finally resolve this! :unamused:
(it seemed these Prologue / Mystic bugs were related so I hoped they would be solved all at once)

yes, I think so… :unamused:

BTW: Prologue/Mystic/Spector are the most underrated synths in the VSTi world.

Very bad Presets - but so much potential!
I like this VSTis very much.

Please Steinberg, don´t forget this synths for improvements in the future.

Cent.

Strange - I just upgraded to 6.5.4 and tried to make adjustments to Prologue and saved them.
When I reloaded the saved settings they where exactly as they where before saving them.

In short - the problem seems to be solved (at least with new projects).
I also tried the same with Mystic and Spector, and that just worked fine.

It seems to me the problem with Prologue, Mystic and Spector where related, so when the problem was solved for Prologue it was also solved for the other synth’s. It is strange the other synth’s where not specified, but they certainly work nice now too.

To be clear - I just tested everything from a brand new project, so I cannot confirm old project files (from previous versions like Cubase 5.5 or older) are problem free. It is also fully possible it is oly working on my system, but this seems a bit unlikely.

You miss the point as it would be complete disaster if it would not work correctly in this scenario. (new project → save → reopen in the same version)
The problem reveals with older projects opened in latest Cubase. I just spent some time on testing:

I have a project where I added track using Mystic and tweaked the sound to my liking. Last time it was saved in Cubase 6.0.5 therefore the CPR file is version 6.0.5.
I uninstalled Cubase 6 completely and reinstalled it → in version 6.0.0 the sound is loaded correctly, in Cubase 6.0.5 too, in Cubase 6.0.7 it is NOT, in Cubase 6.5.0 it is NOT, in Cubase 6.5.4 it is NOT.
With regards to the original post it is obvious that Steinberg did “something” in version 6.0.6 (cannot confirm as I have only 6.0.5 and 6.0.7 update files) and since then the bug persists.

Hi Jonny,

we have tested the Cubase Project you had sent us and the Mystic loads the preset without any issue.

Cheers,

Marcus

P.S.: Maybe the issue is related to the missing VST Plug-Ins or does it load a wrong preset?

As I explained to Marcus on the phone the issue is completely different…
I explained him the problem thoroughly, sent him the sound samples (for comparison how it sounds in Cubase 6.0.5 and how in 6.5.4) and I also sent him the VST preset I manually saved in Cubase 5.5.3 which if applied in 6.5.4 loads the sound correctly - however if I save the project then and reopen it (still in 6.5.4), the sound is again loaded incorrectly although Mystic says the saved preset is loaded (it is needed to re-apply the saved preset to make Mystic sound correctly again - every time the project is re-opened, making this “workaround” very unsatisfactory)

Now Steinberg has the full info so let’s hope they can do something about it…

Hi Jonny,

I have tested now the Cubase project (you had sent to me) in my own Studio and I found the issue
you described.
I will create an entry in our data base and forward it to the correct department at the Steinberg HQ.

Cheers,

Marcus

Interesting…

Marcus:- perhaps you can make a ‘clone’ somehow of your studio machine to take into work and thus give access to testers (QA dept), support staff and devs alike, so they are able to exercise fixes/updates on a ‘real-world’ platform…? Unless you have identified specific parameters that are on your studio system, in order to be able to replicate these ‘gotchas’ on machines at work…?

Just saying…

Thanks Marcus for creating an entry in the data base!
If you need additional Cubase project files where the problem occurs, to track down the issue, just let me know and I send them to you.

Regards, Felix

For me, after installing 6.5.5 problems with Prologue, Mystic, Spector and even Retrologue occurred! These are powerful synths, I use them a lot and bought the additional sounds as well, but they aren’t reliable anymore.

In Cubase 7 they work correct, but i do not. So still in 6.5.5 with these issues; Steinberg shake your thing and solve these problems in 6.5.6

Don’t think there is going to be a 6.5.6, the 6.5.5 was announced to be final.
Personally, I do not have the issues that you mention. Ask for a support ticket, maybe SB can help.

Edit, I just read your reply in the other post, so you are trying that already.

Well, this Problem is still not fixed with Cubase 6.0.7 & Cubase 7.0.6
I can’t speak for Cubase 6.5 because I do not have it installed currently on my system but I bet the problem is still present in Cubase 6.5.

The problem as described in the original thread occurs when loading older Cubase files like for example Cubase 5.5.3 projects.

Steinberg Mystic & Spector VSTi are affected by the incorrect sound loading problem!
Prologue VSTi seems to be not affected or it was later fixed by Steinberg with updates.
Prologue is loading fine in Cubase 6.0.7 & Cubase 7.0.6

But Mystic and Spector sound different in each Cubase Version!!!

I attached a Cubase 5.5.3 test project with Prologue, Spector and Mystic to prove the issue and for everyone to test for themself.

Come on Steinberg get the sh*t straight and fix this annoying bug once and for all!

Also Keep in mind all these vsti (Mystic Spector Prologue) sound different in Cubase 32bit & 64bit if in the synth settings under EFX → SR is not set to F(full) ! When SR is set to 1/2 or 1/4 the sound is wrong in Cubase 64 bit!!!
PrologueSpectorMystic_SoundLoadingTest_CubasePrj553.zip (16.3 KB)

I’ve also been having the same problem with Mystic and possibly Prologue, the sound is not what it should be.

It was working fine in Cubase 5.5.3 Win Vista 32bit, but after I upgraded to Win 7 64bit the sounds were wrong. I’ve reinstalled Cubase in 32bit and Mystic is now producing the correct sounds. Does that mean the problem is working in 64 bit?

It would be a shame not to be able to work in a 64 bit environment just because of Mystic, but then again if this VST doesn’t work than maybe others wont too. If I didn’t have my old setup to use as a reference, I would have never known the sounds were not what they should be. I wonder if others using win7 64bit are getting the wrong sound and dont even know it!

Any ideas Steinberg? Or anyone?

Unfortunately, I think they finally got this figured out on C6.5.4 and they may have ended the C6 update cycle by then…
HTH

It’s good to hear they got it fixed. In theory then if I updated to Cubase 6.5.4 or higher, mystic and prologue would work properly in 64 bit? And old cubase 5.5.3 32bit projects using these vsts would make the correct sounds?

Well, I can say that MY older projects, created with a version BEFORE this issue arose, loaded and played correctly in the newer version in which the issue was fixed.

My Mystic user presets in my older Cubase 4 projects do not load correctly in Cubase 8.5 64bit on osx. This is really poor show when older projects don’t function, or even moreso, user synth presets that I spent hours crafting are no longer viable.

If I reload the preset it seems to help somewhat, but when the project is saved and reopened, the problem was still there. I figured that it was not perhaps saving the on-screen synth values, so I went to EVERY PARAMETER on the synth and jiggled them up a notch then back to the my user value (using my mouse wheel), or toggled on/off, then saved this new user preset. Seems to have solved the problem! My old C4 project now plays through its Mystic synth automations exactly as before! Am using Macbook Pro 2009, 8Gb RAM, osx 10.8.5.

I discovered that my older Cubase 7 project does not load correctly in Cubase 8.5 - my Mystic preset sounds VERY different than in my original project. I made screen shots of the synth parameters in Cubase 7 and manually tweaking them in Cubase 8.5 to match does NOT fix the problem. However, I did find what looks like a bug! In the attached screenshots circled in red you can see my LFO is square wave linked to MIDI clock with a value of 0.904. There is already a problem here as this value should not be a float but a beat increment (eg 1/4).

In Cubase 8.5 64bit I loaded the default preset Subtile and you can see that the LFO midi syn is a beat increment and not a float.
When I load my own preset created in 7.5 you can see that the LFO MIDI sync has a float value!!

I did manage to open the Cubase 7.5 proj successfully with correct synth sound in Cubase 8.5 32bit, but it keeps crashing.

There’s something buggy here somewhere…

I know others have reported major problems opening older projects, but this level of backward incompatability is really unacceptable!!

Anyone out there got a fix for this?

cubase 9.53

saving project with mystics, turn off cubase, then load cubase, open project - all mystic sounds sound different.

i fount that mystic has so nice sonic character, unique and deep. but this preset thing make it almost unworkable…

so sad

omagad! spector having the same issue!
thats crazy