Remote Control Editor discussion

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
TabSel

Re: Remote Control Editor Works! Clearing up Confusion

Post by TabSel » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:41 pm

To the hell with with all these proprietary control surfaces.
I want ANY midi controller being able to control everything.
I want ANY midi controller being able to reflect the state of the software parameter.
And I want ANY midi controller being able to receive sysex for reflecting software parameter names and values.

Plus, I want ANY of multiple such midi controllers automatically be bound to ANY window being focused, be it project, mixer, media bay, plugin etc.
And I want ANY of multiple such midi controllers locked to and unlocked from ANY such window by demand, be it mouse click, key command, or preferably a midi message.

I want parameter learn in the generic remote.
I want the ability to give custom names to generic remotes.
I want automatable parameters in the generic remote having the ability to be bound to a touch/release midi message.
I want the ability to have multiple generic remotes per plugin, a default generic remote and multiple different ones per preset.

Etc...

emotive

Post by emotive » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:46 pm

TabSel wrote:I want parameter learn in the generic remote.
+1

trashdinner

Re: Mackie control and remote control editor?

Post by trashdinner » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:30 pm

Yeah I'm glad I understand it better now. Now Steiny only need to fix the hide channel that sill appears on the MCU and the fader group buttons that aren't working anymore and I'll be fully happy with my MCU/Cubase 7!!

Backbeat

Post by Backbeat » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:19 pm

TabSel wrote:To the hell with with all these proprietary control surfaces.
I want ANY midi controller being able to control everything.
I want ANY midi controller being able to reflect the state of the software parameter.
And I want ANY midi controller being able to receive sysex for reflecting software parameter names and values.

Plus, I want ANY of multiple such midi controllers automatically be bound to ANY window being focused, be it project, mixer, media bay, plugin etc.
And I want ANY of multiple such midi controllers locked to and unlocked from ANY such window by demand, be it mouse click, key command, or preferably a midi message.

I want parameter learn in the generic remote.
I want the ability to give custom names to generic remotes.
I want automatable parameters in the generic remote having the ability to be bound to a touch/release midi message.
I want the ability to have multiple generic remotes per plugin, a default generic remote and multiple different ones per preset.

Etc...
I want that too, but can understand that it takes time...
DAW 1: Win 7 Ult.64 , i7 5820K 32GB Ram, MB Gigabyte X99 UD3 Bios F6 ,SSD 850 EVO 500GB ,2x 3TB HDD, RME UFX+Remote, Gap Pre 73 Mk2, M-Audio DSM 3, Neumann U87Ai , T.Bone SC450 , Mackie Control Pro, BCR2000 , Kore Controller , FCB1010 , MPK 88 , NI Maschine/KK S61 , Adobe Audition 3 , NI Komplete 11U , jBridge etc.

DAW 2: Win 10 Pro 64, i7 2600 , 16GB Ram ,SSD 840EVO 256GB, 2x 2TB HDD , Mackie Control Pro, BCR 2000, FCB 1010 , M-Audio DSM 3 , NS10M , Nubert AW400 Sub ,Maschine Mk1/KK S61 , RME Babyface, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 , SPL Goldmike , BPM CR73 , AKG Perception 400

MySound

BCR2000 as Cubase Controller

DigitalGeek

Re: Remote Control Editor discussion

Post by DigitalGeek » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:43 am

+10 !!

msy

Re: Remote Controller Editor

Post by msy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:44 pm

sming wrote: BCR2000 should work pretty well with the RCE if you switch it to Mackie Control Mode, where you could access the VST plugin control conveniently thru the standard workflow.
To clarify: the BCF2000 can be run in Mackie Control Mode, but the BCR2000 can't. So only the BCF works with RCE.
Cubase Pro 9.5.41 on Windows 7 using jBridge for 32bit plugins
HALion 6.2
Soundcard: RME Digiface USB with ADA8200
DAW: Intel Core i7 3820 |
ASRock X79 Extreme4 | 6GB DDR3 1600MHz | Samsung EVO SSD 250GB | 2x2TB SATA2 | Geforce 560Ti
Computer related hardware: Access Virus TI, UAD-2 Duo, Behringer BCF2000 (MCU), Nord Lead 4, Eurorack (12U) via ES3/ADAT

sming
Steinberg Employee

Re: Remote Controller Editor

Post by sming » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:38 am

msy wrote:
sming wrote: BCR2000 should work pretty well with the RCE if you switch it to Mackie Control Mode, where you could access the VST plugin control conveniently thru the standard workflow.
To clarify: the BCF2000 can be run in Mackie Control Mode, but the BCR2000 can't. So only the BCF works with RCE.
Thanks for pointing this out. Appreciate that!
cheers,
SMing

taifun

Post by taifun » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:55 pm

[/quote]
I want that too, but can understand that it takes time...[/quote]

Too much time in my opinion. I think Tabsel is very reasonable in his demands. Other DAWs can do it, so why can't Cubase? People have been complaining about this for several years! I think I'm gonna go with the Nektar Panorama because I can't stand the headaches anymore. Since last month this control surface offers tight integration with Cubase (previously only Reason), fine resolution parameter adjustment and auto shifts the control mapping to whatever is in focus on screen. I'm gonna test it asap and hope that will be the end of my struggle. I am a hopelessly frustrated Cubase user who would like to have some flexibility with mapping high resolution controllers to Cubase. I am not in any way affiliated with Nektar, let that be said. And for that matter, I definitely agree that Cubase really needs to work towards ANY brand of controller being able to be configured flexibly, without too much hassle AND with 14 bit resolution! If Steinberg doesn't take measures rather soon, then in today's age of 'controllerism', Steinberg will start to see a lot of people migrate because of this! And I rather wouldn't have to learn a new daw...
Cubase 8.0.40 x64 - Win7 Pro x64 - Scan 3XS i7 3960X - 16 GB RAM - Nvidia Geforce GT 520 - RME Fireface 400 - Edirol PCR 800 - Nektar Panorama P1 - Sequentix Cirklon - Big Ass Modular

Uwe449c

Post by Uwe449c » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:35 pm

Wow the integration for all midi controllers takes really long :?

Sirius360

Post by Sirius360 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:17 pm

Uwe449c wrote:Wow the integration for all midi controllers takes really long :?
yes way to long.

Return to “Older Cubase versions”