Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
chnebierk

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Post by chnebierk »

m203 wrote:I just want to say Cubase 7.01 is totally unstable. Today alone it has crashed on me 5 times. The worst part is: it totally FREEZES and the only way it can be closed is to open task manager and end process.

It is 2013 and we are on version 7 and Steinberg Cubase still can't be trusted in a professional environment. And don't blame it on my hardware or anything else because I have competent machine and updated drivers, etc. Cubase 6.5 was stable. 7.01 is garbage. I pray 7.02 resolves these crashing issues. This is unacceptable

While I'm at it, I'll add i think it's crappy that Stei8nberg dumped its old forum and reset everyone's JOINED date and made us all look like newbs, even those who have been with them since back at Version 1. Really crappy. And they've not ONCE shown us loyal users any love on the upgrade prices. Really pitiful

rant off

PS: the grid colors SUCK. Give us better contrast options and finer resolution lines in arrangement view where many of us do ALL of our chopping!!!!!!!!
Seriously I hope you are joking when you"re telling us Cubase 7 can't be trusted in a professional environment right ? I don't even consider myself as a professional but I've had no issue related to Cubase 7 so far, the only one time it crashed was because of another program running in the background, I spent time finding what was the cause but this was way more efficient than complaining on this forum

I just laughed reading this : "don't blame it on my hardware or anything else because I have competent machine and updated drivers" oh crap I sooo wanted to blame your machine and your updated drivers now I can't !! I'm screwed !! :(

Seriously ask yourself some questions, how is it possible I don't get all the problems you're running into ?? If cubase was responsible then I would find myself in your situation right ?? That's not the case
So try to find the faulty software or hardware that is causing you so much trouble like any smart ( and relaxed ) guy would do

suntower

Post by suntower »

Gentlemen...

Back on topic, please.
Primary: i7960 16gb RAM, SSD, 3 3TB HD, Win10 Pro
Second: Sandybridge 16gb RAM 3 3TB HD, Win10 Pro
Laptop: HP Pavilion i5, 8GB RAM 7200RPM, Cubase Pro 10, iCPro, WL9.5, Win 10
Vienna Ensemble5, VSL, NI Komplete, EWQLSO, LASS, Embertone, Arturia, Waves, Soundtoys etc. CME UF8, Roland TD-12 VDrums

Asgardao

Post by Asgardao »

About stability: Since I located "bad" plugins and either jbridged or removed them, C7 has been rock solid. I can even hibernate my computer and Cubase works almost perfectly afterwards. If I let playback on when hibernating, it will continue when I turn on the computer! Only my 14 years old Roland synth loses midi communication after hibernate. My other, newer Roland keyboard with USB-midi works well. That leads to my question: is there a way to relaunch midi without restarting Cubase? It would be so cool to never need to exit Cubase (in theory only, in practise I restart Windows about once a week).

Sorry about the little off topic.
Cubase 7.0.2 64bit, Win 7
MR816csx
CC121

cubace

Post by cubace »

dark blue man wrote:
m203 wrote:Just had another hard crash "Retrologue threw an exception." Nice.

My system is stable. Works flawlessly with Vegas, Studio 1, Sonar, Wavelab, Final Cut, blah blah blah. The only kit I have trouble with is Cubase and its exception throwing. "Cubse has become unstable" I have seen that error many times. Not acceptable. No other apps do that

Fix your app Steinberg
If the fault was with Cubase then logically we would all be having the same issues. Have you tried completely uninstalling Cubase and staring over?

I understand your frustration but venting on a public forum is unlikely to win peer support for tracking down the real cause of your problem.

Calm down,
This is the official steinberg support forum. I can't see any better place to share our problems.

suntower

Post by suntower »

Right forum. Wrong topic.

This is the kind of thing that completely ruined the old forum and really damaged the relationship between SB and customers for a --long-- time.

I strongly suggest that 'complainers' and 'supporters' take this to another topic.
cubace wrote:This is the official steinberg support forum. I can't see any better place to share our problems.
Primary: i7960 16gb RAM, SSD, 3 3TB HD, Win10 Pro
Second: Sandybridge 16gb RAM 3 3TB HD, Win10 Pro
Laptop: HP Pavilion i5, 8GB RAM 7200RPM, Cubase Pro 10, iCPro, WL9.5, Win 10
Vienna Ensemble5, VSL, NI Komplete, EWQLSO, LASS, Embertone, Arturia, Waves, Soundtoys etc. CME UF8, Roland TD-12 VDrums

hajokirchhoff

Post by hajokirchhoff »

Asgardao wrote:Only my 14 years old Roland synth loses midi communication after hibernate. My other, newer Roland keyboard with USB-midi works well. That leads to my question: is there a way to relaunch midi without restarting Cubase?
Try this: Open "Devices|Device configuration" and go to "MIDI configurations". I only have the german Cubase here, so look around. I am talking about the page where all the MIDI devices are listed and you can give them names and activate or deactivate them.

On that page (the entire dialog, not just the right hand side with the midi devices) right below the title bar are three icons: + - |< Here you can add, remove or reset all devices.

When your computer resumes from standby and the Roland synth lost the midi communication, try the "reset all devices" button. This reconnects my StudioLogic midi controller, which has the same problem as your Roland.

I asked Steinberg to include an "automatic reset after resume" feature in cubase. Please let us know if this works for you as well. It'd be great to have this done automatically.

Regards

Hajo

Asgardao

Post by Asgardao »

hajokirchhoff wrote:Please let us know if this works for you as well.
Didn't work.
Cubase 7.0.2 64bit, Win 7
MR816csx
CC121

Maincat

Post by Maincat »

I haven't had any issue with C7.0.1. For me, it's great and I'm enjoying using it.

FWIW, it may be that some problems could be solved by using the most updated eLicenser software (I'm currently on version 6.5.4.1115). Don't flame me with 'that's so frickin' obvious' replies, but if it turns out to be that as the cause of the problem you may be experiencing, then hey, it's worth checking.
Steve
Cubase Pro 10.0.40, Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Version 1903, 8 Gig RAM, AMD Phenom II 955 BE X4, 27" Acer LCD (X2), GX460, Steinberg UR242, Yamaha KX8, Nektar LX88, Shure SM58, Yamaha HS50Ms with Yamaha HS8M Sub., Yamaha HPH-MT7W Headphones, Kontakt 5.7.3, The Grand 3.1, Neo Soul Keys, Groove Agent 4, WaveLab Elements 10, ASUS Nexus 7 2013, Android 6.0, Cubase IC PRO and lots of other stuff.

Marcus Bits

Post by Marcus Bits »

Everything's smooth on my system. that said, i've had crashes many times, but thats understandable when a project grows almost out of control.

Most issues for me arrive when a project reaches up to 40^ 'ish tracks with tons of midi and audio edits, automation etc. Thats when things turn freaky, and you can almost feel the impending doom with glitchy white graphics and audio sync issues. then. crash!.

Problem solves itself with a restart of cubase, but, thats why ive set the backup interval as close as possible and I always save, save save save. project name nr1, 2 ,3 etc. thats in my experience the only way to be remotely sure incase something goes wrong. ive used logic before and reason, you can never trust a daw comepletely, doesn't matter what version or os.
C6.5 C7 | Custom Mac / Windows 8 |
i5 @ 2,8 Ghz / 560 Ti / 8 Gb ram |

Klaas Pels

Post by Klaas Pels »

I have reinstalled Cubase 6 and the CPU problem isn't there.

It's really a Cubase 7 issue.
KP

dark blue man

Post by dark blue man »

cubace wrote:This is the official steinberg support forum. I can't see any better place to share our problems.

Sharing problems or neurotic winging?

Even if it was likely that a Cubase fault could be causing those problems, there is still no need for crass comments like "fix your app Steinberg!"

When you have a problem and needed help it's usually better to avoid using ill mannered comments. Why not start a thread calling on the vast wealth of knowledge and experience we have here? List your gear and present the problem in detail, but do it nicely and you're much more likely to get help. I've seen people on forums go out of their way to help when others are struggling with a problem. But no one likes a moaner

Call me old fashioned ;)
Cubase 7.x: Padshop pro: Dark planet: Zero Gravity: UAD-2 quad: UAD-2 Solo: PowerCore Compact - Access Virus: EMU 1820m: PC I7 266, 6 gig ram: AN1x: Mopho: Orbit V2: BassStation Rack: Proteus 2000: Electribe ER.

https://soundcloud.com/dark-blue-man

steveschizoid

Post by steveschizoid »

Will external plug in I/O routing EVER save with the project??????
Cubase Pro 9, Lynx aes16e, Lynx E44, Lynx driver 2.0 build 23b, PC, Intel core i7 6850K, Asus X99 Deluxe II, 16 gb DDR4 ram, Nvidia Gforce GT 710 graphics card, UAD 2 Quad, UAD 2 solo, Windows 10

trashdinner

Post by trashdinner »

hello,

I know this is a little off topic, but I think this would be simple to add .. I'd like to have a rating
system in the hub ... like starts between 0 and 5 beside the projects. I usually compose around 60 different ideas/project and then listen to all of em and rate them and pick the 10 best for my next album, so if I could set and see my ratings directly in the hub that would save me some time :) Thx!

jose7822

Post by jose7822 »

trashdinner wrote:hello,

I know this is a little off topic, but I think this would be simple to add .. I'd like to have a rating
system in the hub ... like starts between 0 and 5 beside the projects. I usually compose around 60 different ideas/project and then listen to all of em and rate them and pick the 10 best for my next album, so if I could set and see my ratings directly in the hub that would save me some time :) Thx!
Good idea!
GIGABYTE X99 Designare EX | Intel Core i7 6800K (OC'ed to 4.2 GHz) | 64GB of Corsair Dominator Platinum (3333 MHz) | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW | Corsair H115i Water Cooler | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 1200 Watt PSU | Windows 10 Pro | Cubase Pro 10.0.40 64 bit | Studio One v4.5.3 | Dorico 3 | Lynx Aurora (n) 8TB | UAD 2 Octo | UAD 2 Quad

Jurij

Post by Jurij »

steveschizoid wrote:Will external plug in I/O routing EVER save with the project??????

yesssssssssssss :D
MacPro 8 cores, Macbook Pro, 16Gb Ram, 5 hds, RME fireface UFX, OsX 10.7.5, Cubase 7, Cubase 6.5.3, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate, Izotope Plugs, PSP Plugs, IK Multimedia complete bundle, Nebula 3, MetricHalo Channelstrip, XLN Additive Drums and Keys, Spectrasonics Stylus, Omnisphere, Trillian, Eastwest Platinum Orchestra.

Majic

Post by Majic »

trashdinner wrote:hello,

and/or

some type of 'project manager' that can track projects, variations from the original .cpr file and record specifics like ; total hours project worked on, % of audio, midi used and hopefully some calender integration.

that would be nice to see in the future .......

pharmacist

Post by pharmacist »

Asgardao wrote:About stability: Since I located "bad" plugins and either jbridged or removed them, C7 has been rock solid. I can even hibernate my computer and Cubase works almost perfectly afterwards. If I let playback on when hibernating, it will continue when I turn on the computer! Only my 14 years old Roland synth loses midi communication after hibernate. My other, newer Roland keyboard with USB-midi works well. That leads to my question: is there a way to relaunch midi without restarting Cubase? It would be so cool to never need to exit Cubase (in theory only, in practise I restart Windows about once a week).

Sorry about the little off topic.

I have a "M-Audio oxygen" midi controller with a loose usb connection, and it looses connectivity every now and again. In order to restore it, what I do is I go to devices menu, find my controller & untick the "active" box & tick the box back again. That makes it work for me, hope it will work for you too (although I got a feeling it may not since it's a synth and not a keyboard)...

thanks
Windows 8 64bit, Cubase 7.5.0 64bit, i7 2600k 3.4Ghz quad core, 16gb RAM, EDIROL FA66 Firewire audio interface, Novation Remote SL37 MK1

Post by Guest »

Why don't you lot start new threads for all this guff instead of littering the announcement thread?

steveschizoid

Post by steveschizoid »

OldFecker wrote:Why don't you lot start new threads for all this guff instead of littering the announcement thread?
Well, I can only speak for myself in this regard.

I have been asking about this particular "feature" (the ability to open a project and have the external hardware routing appear as I had left it) for years. And I do mean years!

I have asked tech support. I have sent emails to Germany. I have started threads on this forum and the old forum.

I believe it would be an easy feature to implement, because the workaround (saving the external plugin XML file and pasting it into the app data folder prior to booting Cubase) is so simple. When you stack this feature up next to some of the no doubt seriously coding intense features that have appeared in the last few Cubase versions....well, like I said, I have to believe it wouldn't be anything next to a total redesign of the mixer and the other new goodies, and it would make the process of mixing through hardware a good bit less annoying.

I get that my request would likely work to benefit a small subset of Cubase users, but that subset also likely shares a good bit with the subset of Cubase users working in a commercial studio environment. I really hate to see Steinberg ceding any ground to Avid in that arena.....
Cubase Pro 9, Lynx aes16e, Lynx E44, Lynx driver 2.0 build 23b, PC, Intel core i7 6850K, Asus X99 Deluxe II, 16 gb DDR4 ram, Nvidia Gforce GT 710 graphics card, UAD 2 Quad, UAD 2 solo, Windows 10

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil »

steveschizoid wrote:
OldFecker wrote:Why don't you lot start new threads for all this guff instead of littering the announcement thread?
Well, I can only speak for myself in this regard.

I have been asking about this particular "feature" (the ability to open a project and have the external hardware routing appear as I had left it) for years. And I do mean years!

I have asked tech support. I have sent emails to Germany. I have started threads on this forum and the old forum.

I believe it would be an easy feature to implement, because the workaround (saving the external plugin XML file and pasting it into the app data folder prior to booting Cubase) is so simple. When you stack this feature up next to some of the no doubt seriously coding intense features that have appeared in the last few Cubase versions....well, like I said, I have to believe it wouldn't be anything next to a total redesign of the mixer and the other new goodies, and it would make the process of mixing through hardware a good bit less annoying.

I get that my request would likely work to benefit a small subset of Cubase users, but that subset also likely shares a good bit with the subset of Cubase users working in a commercial studio environment. I really hate to see Steinberg ceding any ground to Avid in that arena.....
this is why we can't have nice things.
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

steveschizoid

Post by steveschizoid »

JMCecil wrote:.....
What? That makes no sense. I have been perfectly cordial about this.

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil »

steveschizoid wrote:
Cordial about turning a patch thread into a FR thread?
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

chimpspanner

Post by chimpspanner »

So just to clarify, in case it was worded differently, does this mean the Mix Console bug (where you can't view the full strip on Mix Console 1) is fixed? That's really the only issue I've been having :)
http://www.paulortizmusic.com

HP Envy J130ea | i7 4700MQ | 12GB RAM | 2GB GeForce 740m | Win 10 64-bit | Cubase Pro 8.5

steveschizoid

Post by steveschizoid »

JMCecil wrote:
steveschizoid wrote:
Cordial about turning a patch thread into a FR thread?
Squeaky wheel gets the grease....I have evidently not squeaked sufficiently in the past. And C7 is packed full of nice things.

m203

Post by m203 »

Think I figured out my crashing issue. A mouse driver for a mouse I no longer had installed. :?

So yeah, I retract my earlier rant and apologize to all who had to suffer it.

Next time I'll just post a question. Think I woulda learned by now

SO FAR no crashes since mouse driver uninstall
"What worries you masters you"

Return to “Older Cubase versions”